Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Can anyone tell me why theres more N in my Bloom nutes than in my Grow nutes?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Now this looks interesting!
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

BananaLizard (14-03-17), Glynne (14-03-17), scoobles (15-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    No mate, it wouldn't...
    Please elaborate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BananaLizard For This Useful Post:

scoobles (15-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BananaLizard View Post
    Please elaborate
    How would quoting NPK ratios let us know if he has the correct product? We could only surmise from that limited info.

If the OP states the brand then we can all look & research why it is the way it is... There may be an explanation that just quoting the ingredients wouldn't make apparent
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue (14-03-17), Glynne (14-03-17)

Thanks

I don't understand, what does 'correct product' mean?
    It's just a solution with specific NPK ratios someone put in a can and slammed a sticker on it.

If the OP states the brand, we can all look and research what those ratios are.
    So if he writes them directly, what difference does it make? What else is there to see if have a given composition of a solution?
    Why is the 'brand' someone gave to that solution important at all?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BananaLizard For This Useful Post:

scoobles (15-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,779 Times

OK, let's put it another way.... what if the bottle the OP has is part of a set - IE a two part feed that both has NPK ratios differing from the other? & he only has one part of the set? - That is why the brand is important.

I'm not sure why you are being awkward, If we were talking about bulbs, we would want to know brand before PAR. If talking about filters we would want to know brand before the details of the carbon contained in it....

The question was, 'Can anyone tell me why theres more N in my Bloom nutes than in my Grow nutes?' Ideally there shouldn't be, so I am information gathering rather than trying to stamp my authority all over the thread!

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (14-03-17), Blue (14-03-17), dieselman (23-05-17), ERBURT (22-03-17), Glynne (14-03-17), joker_the_smoker (15-03-17), scoobles (15-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    OK, let's put it another way.... what if the bottle the OP has is part of a set - IE a two part feed that both has NPK ratios differing from the other? & he only has one part of the set? - That is why the brand is important.

I'm not sure why you are being awkward, If we were talking about bulbs, we would want to know brand before PAR. If talking about filters we would want to know brand before the details of the carbon contained in it....

The question was, 'Can anyone tell me why theres more N in my Bloom nutes than in my Grow nutes?' Ideally there shouldn't be, so I am information gathering rather than trying to stamp my authority all over the thread!
    I don't think I'm being awkward. If we were talking about bulbs, or cars, or filters, or soft drinks, what matters to me are the objectives characteristics of a given product.
    Branding is just a marketing trick made to fool consumers, it should never, in my opinion, be part of the discussion.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BananaLizard For This Useful Post:

scoobles (15-03-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

I don't think I'm being awkward. If we were talking about bulbs, or cars, or filters, or soft drinks, what matters to me are the objectives characteristics of a given product.
    Branding is just a marketing trick made to fool consumers, it should never, in my opinion, be part of the discussion.
    There's organic NPK and there's non-organic NPK.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Blue (14-03-17), scoobles (15-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    There's organic NPK and there's non-organic NPK.
    Sure, there are many forms of NPK sources, each with different properties and availability to the plant.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to BananaLizard For This Useful Post:

scoobles (15-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

I don't understand, what does 'correct product' mean?
    It's just a solution with specific NPK ratios someone put in a can and slammed a sticker on it.
    Whilst not relevant to the question asked I'd like to know by only stating an NPK ratio and not the brand of product used how would one ditermine the correct formula is being used to match the growers water source. I.e. Hard and soft water nutrients.

Npk ratios do provide the majority of information but do not cover micro nutrients which in some cases can be the main cause of a problem and without knowing the brand we have no way of knowing the micro nutrients contained within the soloution.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (14-03-17), Cunning (15-03-17), ERBURT (22-03-17), Glynne (14-03-17), scoobles (15-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Whilst not relevant to the question asked I'd like to know by only stating an NPK ratio and not the brand of product used how would one ditermine the correct formula is being used to match the growers water source. I.e. Hard and soft water nutrients.

Npk ratios do provide the majority of information but do not cover micro nutrients which in some cases can be the main cause of a problem and without knowing the brand we have no way of knowing the micro nutrients contained within the soloution.
    Of course, the information should not be limited to NPK ratios, but to any ingredient of the solution.
    My point is, these nutrients are not magic mystery blends, they are not patented or proprietary, they are just normal plant fertilizers, packed in a nice box, and marketed to unsuspecting
    growers at 2-5 times the price of identical non-brand fertilizers.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BananaLizard For This Useful Post:

scoobles (15-03-17)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast