Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First grow tent set up help needed .

Thanks

Default First grow tent set up help needed .

Hi guys so from long time I'm considering to start growing . I wanted to start with something like 2 plants just for own purposes and I was thinking about pc grow box as I rent room and don't feel landlord visiting my room etc would be kind of less happy than me to see anything . But I don't have any spare pc case so I figured out if I'm gonna end up buying case I can get small tent ant put it in walk in wardrobe in my room. I have been reading forums and guides but sill I would be grateful for help.
    1. I gues it's better and cheaper to get all stuff separately and fix all by myself which I don't mind but is it possible to fix in around 150£-200£ ?
    2. What exact dimensions should I look for (I don't want anything high if possible under 1m)some small auto (I guess for first time it's safer)?
    3. As it's gonna be pretty low what light should I use?
    4. Any advices about other equipment (I probably need fans, some thermometer meybe , plus nutrition, and ph control and measuring and light control )
    5. As beginner should I bother with hydro or just go straight to soil not to mess up?
    If anyone recently built similar project I would appreciate set ups help links etc.
    Any other advices and knowledge won't hurt me. Ps forgot to mention I'm from uk.
    Last edited by Doban; 14-03-17 at 09:26 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doban For This Useful Post:

British green (14-03-17), GEORGE (14-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

Hi Doban welcome to THCtalk could you not use the walk in cupboard as your grow room? Would save on buying a tent.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

British green (14-03-17), GEORGE (14-03-17)

Thanks

Not really as I mentioned stealth is important. First of all I would have to use it all (which would be cool it's got nailed shelf in middle so I could grow on 2 levels ) . Problem is that anyone with key Could check it out but with small tent i can put boxes around and its gonna look as it did (i store lots of boxes Up there). If its gonna help i can provide photo of cupboard.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Doban For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Hi mate, welcome along

If you are looking at a max height of 1m then soil & CFL is probably the best way for you to go, but I'll warn you, height will be an issue
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-03-17), JB (19-03-17)

Thanks

But people grow in PCs cases and there its almost half height . So you think its going to be hard ? I saw those guys can get like onuce or two from this PC grow boxes. You think its better to wait and think as im gonna move to other flat in few months

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Doban For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-03-17)

Thanks

I've seen lots of different, inventive ideas on growing

I first started with about 76cm height, so it's a case of been there, done that - wouldn't go back either....

I'm not saying that it can't be done, I'm just saying that it is not the easiest way to start growing

My current student is growing with 110cm height & a 150w HPS, we are doing photoperiods on a 12/12 grow so it can be done

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (14-03-17), JB (19-03-17)

Thanks

Hello Doban, I understand your dilemma and I had similar, ended up buying a PC box already set up which I appreciate isn't the cheapest way I'd doing it.still on first grow so can't comment on yields yet!
    I've since heard of " space buckets" maybe worth a Google,people also used chest of drawers/fridges converted.
    Good luck with it all,cheers

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Plucked chicken For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-17)

Thanks

What if i use cfl like 20/4 and choose automat plus manipulate plant by stringi holding it to ground? I gone through guides and posts but want to prepare? Any idea What yelds Could i count for 2 plants in max 1m h tent?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Doban For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-17)

Thanks

Would pushing it to a 1.2m height be a step to far?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-17)

Thanks

Ah fuck it im gonna put 1.2 to 1.4 probably smaller one. Could you help me with choosing proper equipment?like What lamp(Dunno if i can sie only 1 type ?) etc.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Doban For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (19-03-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast