Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: im gonna buy these tomorrow, Id be grateful to hear some opinions :)

Thanks

Red face im gonna buy these tomorrow, Id be grateful to hear some opinions :)

Hi im new to this site but i learned a lot so thank you guys for that.
    actually this will be my first grow aandd i just want to be sure that im on the right track.

so after tons of research this is my plan:

-Autopot system with clay pebbles and coco
    -canna a-b, pk 13-14, rhizotonic, canna boost
    -600 mh and hps sylvania grolux lamps with cooltube system
    -Secret Jardin Dark Room II DR90 90x90x180
    -Can-Fan RK 350 m3/h with Can Lite 467 m3 carbon filter
    -for the seeds i got critical
    aand i will have 3 under one light.

Thank you guys for reading these
    Please let me know if you see anything that I've missed or might be doing wrong
    advices appreciated a lot

have a high day !

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oak For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (16-03-17), Danuk (16-03-17), GEORGE (16-03-17), Oxy (09-04-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

Hi mate

Get yourself some UV glasses to protect your eyes as well as a pH pen, EC pen, pH down (probably won't need pH up)

That's what I can think of off the top of my head.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (16-03-17), Danuk (16-03-17), GEORGE (16-03-17), oak (16-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oak View Post
    Hi im new to this site but i learned a lot so thank you guys for that.
    actually this will be my first grow aandd i just want to be sure that im on the right track.

so after tons of research this is my plan:

-Autopot system with clay pebbles and coco
    -canna a-b, pk 13-14, rhizotonic, canna boost
    -600 mh and hps sylvania grolux lamps with cooltube system
    -Secret Jardin Dark Room II DR90 90x90x180
    -Can-Fan RK 350 m3/h with Can Lite 467 m3 carbon filter
    -for the seeds i got critical
    aand i will have 3 under one light.

Thank you guys for reading these
    Please let me know if you see anything that I've missed or might be doing wrong
    advices appreciated a lot

have a high day !
    Theres a few people on here who use autopots and get really good results with them but I've had nothing but problems, tried using them on 2 grows now and had plenty of leaks and root rot both times even with clay pebbles and airdomes. I've unplugged my autopots now part way through my second grow and watering by hand. Ordered 2 wilmas for my next grow. Im not saying don't use them but I'm just saying be careful as I got autopots thinking it would be the easiest way to grow but I was wrong from my experience.

If your heart is set on autopots have a look at some of dexters diaries he knows what he's doing with autopots https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...topot-and-Coco
    Last edited by Danuk; 16-03-17 at 02:03 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Danuk For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (16-03-17), GEORGE (16-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,700 Times

i would prioritise your fan and filter set up, and upgrade to a rhino pro filter and a RVK fan.
    If you are new to this, i would also recommend coco instead og hydro, to start with. By this i mean coco in normal pots, run to waste.
    More forgiving, and easier to use, with equally as good results.
    If you really want to go hydro, i would recommend a DWC or wilma, both easier than autopots IMO.
    Last edited by bigbadbillybob; 16-03-17 at 09:08 PM.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bigbadbillybob For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-17), joker_the_smoker (16-03-17), oak (18-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

youll struggle with heat with a 600 in a 90 x 90,maybe go down to 400 or at least get a dimmable just in case.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-17), oak (18-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

The autopots are excellent, I've been using them for a while now, I use the 27L pots, and love them.

100% make sure you have an air dome installed in the base of autopot, it really makes a difference, and pythium (root rot) hates the air domes!

Personally I make sure my plants are nice and stong under cfls in a cupboard then transplate over to the auto pot, 1" / 1"1/2 of clay pebbles, just enough so i leave a 2" 'opening' over the air dome. then I use 60/40 coco/perlite. I leave the air domes off and top feed for at least a week, maybe 2, then switch it to the autopot. I use a very small submersible pump in the res to keep the nutes circulating, smaller the better tho, you dont want the heat from them.

Oh, make sure the res is out of the grow tent, otherwise it will get way too hot.

I'd upgrade the extraction as well, and get a dimmable ballast. it better to turn down the fan than have it running at full blast, and the dimmable ballast will make life easy on hot days.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-17), oak (03-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TomKing View Post
    The autopots are excellent, I've been using them for a while now, I use the 27L pots, and love them.

100% make sure you have an air dome installed in the base of autopot, it really makes a difference, and pythium (root rot) hates the air domes!

Personally I make sure my plants are nice and stong under cfls in a cupboard then transplate over to the auto pot, 1" / 1"1/2 of clay pebbles, just enough so i leave a 2" 'opening' over the air dome. then I use 60/40 coco/perlite. I leave the air domes off and top feed for at least a week, maybe 2, then switch it to the autopot. I use a very small submersible pump in the res to keep the nutes circulating, smaller the better tho, you dont want the heat from them.

Oh, make sure the res is out of the grow tent, otherwise it will get way too hot.

I'd upgrade the extraction as well, and get a dimmable ballast. it better to turn down the fan than have it running at full blast, and the dimmable ballast will make life easy on hot days.
    very useful advices mate thank you, ive just got a luamtek 600w dimmable balast yesterday. but i didnt get the air domes but after that i will get them for sure. and also ive got a little pump too.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oak For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-17), TomKing (03-04-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

I'd agree with billybob and say that dwc or even rdwc would be easier.
    I've just gone from soil to rdwc and finding it easy to grow nice plants.
    You have the added risks with autistic of timing and knowing how often and how long to water. In dwc you don't have any if that. Just the need to keep your water cool.

I've never grown in coco so I can't comment on that.

Also could you stretch to a 1m tent as it will be tricky to run 600w in there I think.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-17), oak (08-04-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

And get a 2m tall tent if you can accommodate it bud.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

18. The Following User Says Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-17)

Thanks

thank you greengiant i've changed my tent in to 1x1x2 but probably i will stick with autopots cause ive already got them

20. The Following User Says Thank You to oak For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (08-04-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast