Thread: Help with leaf diagnosis please!

Thanks

Default Help with leaf diagnosis please!

Hello, I was wondering if someone with a little knowledge might help swim with a progressing leaf problem. They have the plant in a mylar tent with a 1000w full spectrum led light on a 20/4 light schedule given molasses as a nutrient every other watering. At first it was only the tips so the leaves were cut in an attempt to stop the browning/pitting.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170317_180718.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	342458  

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times

Do you know what soil you're growing in?
    How far are the lights above the plant?
    Is that a paint tin?
    How often do you water?

I'm not really the best when it comes to soil and LED but more info will help

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

Glynne (18-03-17)

Viz Guest

I can not really see too much from that image but what you have described it sounds to me that your soil is too hot for your plant at the minute. The yellowing tips and gradual yellowing and decay of your leaves indicate nitrogen burn. Most times if growing in soil there is little need for feed for the first four to five weeks. Molasses is good for the soil micro-herd and is a good thing. But too much too often like all things is not ideal. Actually with growing week less is often more when it comes to feed.

Now your lights could be contributing to things, LED are very intense and you do need to ensure they are at a good height for young seedlings and juvenile plants. But I can not really see the plant itself so not able to pick out any colour paling caused by light burn.

More details about the soil and growing environment would be good.