Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Travelling with my produce

Thanks

Default Travelling with my produce

First of all, my apologies if this contravenes forum rules – mods please delete if so.

But I’m moving to Northern Ireland from England some time in the next year, taking all my furniture etc in a big van by ferry. Does anybody know if it’s safe to carry a bag of, erm, dried herbs, amongst the furniture and stuff?

I mean, I really can’t imagine them opening the back of a Luton van and sending sniffer dogs in just at random, but… do they?

There doesn't seem to be any evidence of any kind of sniffing equipment when I fly by plane… certainly not for me and my hand luggage anyway…

Thanks

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hogweed For This Useful Post:

Glynne (20-03-17), TheDogsNutts (20-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,886 Times

Time to break out the smell proof baggies
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Glynne (20-03-17), Hogweed (19-03-17), Trex (28-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Time to break out the smell proof baggies
    Smell proof baggies, Smithers...?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Burns.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	5.3 KB 
ID:	342565  

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hogweed For This Useful Post:

Glynne (20-03-17)

Thanks

Oh wow - just Googled "smell proof baggies", and there we are. No idea such things existed.

Thanks

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hogweed For This Useful Post:

Glynne (20-03-17), M_C (19-03-17), Trex (28-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,692 Times

At Manchester Airport they randomly have dogs at passport control and make passengers walk past in single file while the dog walks back and forth,
    when chatting to a security officer once he said the dog has never been wrong once it sniff's a smuggler out its has a 100% record....

Don't know about any other airport routes thou i'm afraid but i guess they will use dogs at some point....

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheDogsNutts For This Useful Post:

Hogweed (20-03-17), Trex (28-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,692 Times

Also m8, while i was working at the Airport a few years back on some construction work the dogs are behind the screens where the general public cannot see them walking up and down the baggage belts sniffing every bag and once dog detects one they mark it with ultra violet spray and then watch on adapted CCTV for whoever picks it up and then pick the person up, just like you have seen in the movies, i even saw the security officers open suitcases after being x-rayed on the belt and have a look inside then close them back up.

Made me think twice what i bring back off my holidays from then on......

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheDogsNutts For This Useful Post:

Cunning (20-03-17), Hogweed (20-03-17), joker_the_smoker (20-03-17), Trex (28-03-17)

Thanks

Yeah it's the dogs that worry me of course - I reckon they can smell through plastic bags and everything

My first ever grow will be finished in time for the move, and I want to bag it up and take the lot - be a serious shame if I had to put it on the f'ing compost heap after all I've been through (diary elsewhere on the forum).

And I suppose a few ounces (if she produces well) would be classed as dealing, too? I'm about 40 years out of touch with all this :-/

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

feck that mukka. unless ya pluggin it wouldnt bother an dont think i would like try stash couple oz like . not worth risk for me personally anyway. get it smoked

15. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Trex (28-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times

I'd be smoking it all before I go...

I've taken weed through customs many times but in recent years the security checks are becoming more and more intense.

I've been to Ireland a few times with the ferry and have seen sniffer dogs on pretty much every trip.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

Hogweed (22-03-17), Trex (28-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferDankness View Post
    I'd be smoking it all before I go...

I've taken weed through customs many times but in recent years the security checks are becoming more and more intense.

I've been to Ireland a few times with the ferry and have seen sniffer dogs on pretty much every trip.
    Thanks mate, that's the sort of info I need. Not a hope in Hell of me using it all before I go - guess a few people I know are going to get early Christmas presents.

Things weren't planned this way, so I suppose I'll just have to regard this plant as a learning exercise, and hopefully a WEE bit of fun before I go back - can get down to it more seriously once settled there.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hogweed For This Useful Post:

Trex (28-03-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast