Thread: First Cupboard Grow - HELP :)

Thanks

Exclamation First Cupboard Grow - HELP :)

Hi All,

Let me first introduce my grow space which is homemade..

It is small, very small it is 1.2 x 0.8 x 2.0 lined with mylar. At the top i have carbon filter, 8" extractor fan which blows outside the cupboard through a vent I have put above the door. I have a 600w ballast attached to the wall close to the top (I want rid of that heat!) then a 600w lamp with standard reflector. I also have 2 10" Fans, one which is pointing directly at the light and the other will be used for the plants. I have also put a vent on the bottom of the door to allow for an natural intake.

UNFORTUNATELY I CAN NOT UPLOAD ANY MORE PICTURES TO THIS POST, I WILL TRY DOING IT ON A REPLY. IF NOT APOLOGIES.

I have germinated Skunk #1, where I plan to grow only two in two 20 litre pots. I am growing with Canna Soil, using Canna A+B Nutrients. I am debating whether to do a SCROG as it will keep all the beaut's at one level for the 600w to beam on.

ISSUES I AM ENCOUNTERING

• HEAT

600w, with all equipment within this small space, I was ultimately going to experience some heat issues. I have my fan at full blast, but still getting on average 29 - 31 degree's which is hotter than id like. The thermometer itself is attached to the wall, in direct view of the heat blasting off the 600w, people say this could be the issue but as the plants are experiencing this, so shouldn't the thermometer?
    ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

• SOUND

Due to the heat the fan has to be on full blast! not a big noise but just more irritating to myself. Are more expensive fan much better for sound? I am tempted to make up my own sound proof box to place the fan in..

I will be posting pictures / updates to this grow within this environment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2821.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	342589  

Thanks

apologies it will not allow me to upload any more pictures
    Last edited by PeteFazz; 20-03-17 at 03:46 PM. Reason: BECAUSE IM MAD

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

You really want to be measuring the temp at what would be the plants canopy level. But since you don't have any plants yet, turn the pot upside down, put the thermometer on the top & set the light to the distance you'd like from the plants & measure that instead...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

PeteFazz (12-04-17)

Thanks

Hi All,

Its been about 1 month, with the issues stated above as on-going.
    The fan am running, is very loud and annoying running at full capacity but i have done further research in which i will be investing in a RVK Fan.

The 600w with the extractor running at full is making the temperature perfect at the height of the canopy, i will be going down to 400w HPS. with some kind of 250w cfl for seedling etc.

I currently have one Skunk 1 in a 20L pot, i was debating if i could get two in the space, but now i see the one filling up, that will be the most i can have in there! .

I am training the plant LST to ensure the full space is used to its maximum capacity. I will soon be installing a SCROG to ensure the full 0.70x 0.70 is covered, It wont be long for this to fill up and switch over.

Now thinking about the grow space i created, i think this is way to small! how much can i get off this one plant? (Doing very well, scrog in a 0.70 x 0.70 space)
    I am hoping for around 4oz....

What have you guys experienced from this space?

Thanks

MrChedHead Guest

600 is to much light fr your space, even 400 is not needed in my opinion mate, 250w is plenty over one plant... 2 is asking fr trouble .... atb with it