Thread: help for germinating autos outdoors

Thanks

Default help for germinating autos outdoors

hi 👋🏻 after a good start to growing indoors i have decided to purchase 3x sweet tooth auto & 3x sin tra baji auto. I have a roof i can grow on that gets a lot of sunlight and was just wondering what would be the best way to start them off? I was thinking of using the paper towel method then transplant them over to a small pot outside with a dome over the top of them and bring them in if it gets too cold at night, then eventually move them to a bigger pot. But after reading around a bit i have seen some people say with autos its best to pot them in their final pot to prevent stunting growth. Im not really sure what to do tbh so could someone please give me some guidance on how to start them off i will be internally grateful 👽👽

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to elliotgreen1989 For This Useful Post:

hotshot (22-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 74,826 Times in 25,442 Posts

Always start autos in their final pot mate. The reason is to avoid the stress of up-potting on autos so that they have every chance of developing their full potential
    “Cannabis is just way too healthy for a sick health care system” (Sebastian Marincolo)

Please familiarise yourself with our Forum Rules -http://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/faq.php

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Apatos (29-03-17), hotshot (22-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Always start autos in their final pot mate. The reason is to avoid the stress of up-potting on autos so that they have every chance of developing their full potential
    so would you suggest starting them off in a paper towel then just putting them in a pot outside in direct light with a dome or without a dome?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to elliotgreen1989 For This Useful Post:

hotshot (22-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 74,826 Times in 25,442 Posts

Starting them in paper towels will be fine

...but I'm an indoor grower so couldn't really tell you the best way to grow outdoors

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

hotshot (22-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Starting them in paper towels will be fine

...but I'm an indoor grower so couldn't really tell you the best way to grow outdoors
    awhh ok then mate no worries hopefully someone with outdoor experience can help me out 🤞

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elliotgreen1989 For This Useful Post:

hotshot (22-03-17), M_C (20-03-17)

Thanks

I start mine in soil, not too many paper towels in nature .

With autos its two pots beginning and final. Germinate somewhere like the hotpress and then a south facing window for a bit if the temps are on the low side before their final home. I've also planted in the one pot but not noticed any difference.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mise For This Useful Post:

elliotgreen1989 (21-03-17), hotshot (22-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mise View Post
    I start mine in soil, not too many paper towels in nature .

With autos its two pots beginning and final. Germinate somewhere like the hotpress and then a south facing window for a bit if the temps are on the low side before their final home. I've also planted in the one pot but not noticed any difference.
    we're only getting around 12 hours of sunlight atm you think that will be enough?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to elliotgreen1989 For This Useful Post:

hotshot (22-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 38,645 Times in 14,502 Posts

Too cold at the mo
    Start em indoors for a few weeks
    Was 5oc an frost this morn

Bye bye seedling

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

elliotgreen1989 (29-03-17), hotshot (22-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,666 Times in 3,251 Posts

Start them in the shade until they get some good roots on them, before introducing them to full sun light. You will burn those seedlings if you don't keep them wet when in full sun light.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hotshot For This Useful Post:

elliotgreen1989 (29-03-17), M_C (22-03-17)

Thanks

What I do is wait until it is plenty warm outside, fill a 5 gallon bucket with my soil mix, then dig out a small solo cup size area and fill it with a seed starting soil like black gold. I plant the seed directly into it (no paper towel) and place the bucket in it's final location. Seeds always sprout no problem (of course you still have to water them and whatnot).

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Apatos For This Useful Post:

elliotgreen1989 (29-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 666 Posts

What sort of sun/shade spot do you put it?

Thanks

Oh also not a fan of domes over my plants cause I feel like all it does is increase your chance for mold, but I live in a naturally humid area already so that makes a difference i suppose.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Apatos For This Useful Post:

elliotgreen1989 (29-03-17)