Thread: Living soil grow, mutating plants look like they are being eaten!

Thanks
    Thanked 3 Times

Default Living soil grow, mutating plants look like they are being eaten!

I am doing my first run in living soil, using nothing other than airated tap water under 600w kind led's which are 4ft from canopy. I am growing karma genetics - headbanger, biker kush and old dirty biker from seed and they are currently about 4 weeks old. My temps are between 19 and 26, humidity about 60%. Around 2 weeks ago the tips of my leaves started to brown so I raised my lights a little as they are quite intense which seemed to help with the browning but then the new growth started to mutate. At first not so bad but by now it looks like it has been torn up, big gashes in some leaves and it almost looks like it's tried to top itself. The lower parts seem ok and it seemed to start with the old dirty bikers which are at the farthest point in the room, but is now affecting others. I have predatory mites on the go and am giving a foliar spray twice a week with karanja oil and dr bronners. I am absuletely stumped as to what is causing this as is all the other growers I know, we've never seen anything like it! Anyways il attach some photos of the madness and hope someone has some knowledge of it ....Attachment 342594Attachment 342595Attachment 342596Attachment 342597

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Humpledank For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-17), redisiel (24-03-17), Trex (22-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Are you spraying with lights on man ? They are lush green , but shiit , something going on here , ill sub up to your thread , just let me til morning to sober up and well get you back on track

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-17), Glynne (25-03-17), redisiel (24-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this one here?
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-17), Glynne (25-03-17), Trex (24-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

He has mites i just read in his initial post , humpledank get some cayenne pepper and garlic

Crush garilc in a gallon of water and add.a.few tbsps of cayenne pepper , let.it.simmer.til it burns the eyes a bit and spray your plants before lights on and after , that should get them bastards out of there .

10$ says you brought something in your grow room with that straw/hay , i never mulch indoors as is keep too much moisutre.and pests are a.result .

How the soil is it wet and mukky ?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-17), Glynne (25-03-17), redisiel (25-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    He has mites i just read in his initial post , humpledank get some cayenne pepper and garlic

Crush garilc in a gallon of water and add.a.few tbsps of cayenne pepper , let.it.simmer.til it burns the eyes a bit and spray your plants before lights on and after , that should get them bastards out of there .

10$ says you brought something in your grow room with that straw/hay , i never mulch indoors as is keep too much moisutre.and pests are a.result .

How the soil is it wet and mukky ?

kill them fuckers brother,
    Make sure if it is them you do 4 sprays 72 hours apart, I think the best for me was changing sprays also,
    Atb
    Redz

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (27-10-17), Glynne (25-03-17), Trex (25-03-17)