Thread: Novice old timer experimenting

Thanks

Default Novice old timer experimenting

Hi ladies and Gents,
    I ve been registered here for some time just lurking and reading. I've really just been messing around and seeing if I could get some or any results. Nothing has really failed so far, always got a result. I'm onto my 4th attempt now, just a couple of things if anyone can advise...

First of all, I'm a middle aged toker, I used to smoke a lot in my teenage years when I was lucky enough to be a semi-pro musician and DJ. I grew up on Redseal and Goldseal black, thai weed, and real seed filled Durban. There was a lot of zero about then, flatpress, mirrorbar, and the dreaded soap/formula. I recall when skunk came in in about 94-95, shiva, NL, and Skunk number 1. There was always damp weed for sale, sometimes not even cured. I had a break from smoking but recently got back into it.

I got into it again as I felt a bit low and decided to quit alcohol, me being me after a few months I became reacquainted with the herb. I'm doing this so I don't have to get crap weed from dodgy places. Just some personal relaxation...

Could anyone advise...When does the flowering start? Most have a recommended amount of days flowering time, does this start from when the first spiky heads appear or when the sex of the plant shows? My last attempt was supposed to be a pure indica, when I flipped it,it went crazy and bolted for the tent roof. The leaves were real thin and I thought the seed may have been mixed u., When it flowered the trichomes were clear for ages after the 45 days so I let it go until they were 50% cloudy 50% amber. When harvested 6 weeks later there were a few developed seeds in the buds. Its still worked out ok, but first go with regular seeds and maybe my idea of it being a sativa was wrong I'm guessing it thought it was flowering too long and hermied.

I took a cutting off it, expecting nothing and revegged for a few weeks, now it looks pretty good, I'll post pics when I resize them.

Cheers!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Bloom For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (21-03-17), GEORGE (21-03-17), Smokedragon (23-03-17), tlh2496 (24-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Flowering days start at the the first sign of pistils around the plant tops and you'll always get vertical growth when switching to 12/12 whatever the strain. Some more than others. Environment plays a big part in the amount of stretch you do get, keeping your temps lights on and off between 5c of each other will help to minimise it.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-03-17), tlh2496 (24-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,692 Times

Hello & Welcome to THCtalk.com Discussion forum m8, hope you enjoy yourself and find plenty of useful information on here……..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDogsNutts For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Hi mate, welcome to the forum
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Welcome n8

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (21-03-17)

Thanks

Thanks for the replies all, I look forward to being here in the forum. Sorry for the babbling post lol, at least its proof that the last attempt worked! Something to look forward to from Blues info...It will be harvest time real soon, flushing has commenced...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr_Bloom For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-03-17), M_C (22-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Bloom View Post
    ...First of all, I'm a middle aged toker...

I got into it again as I felt a bit low and decided to quit alcohol, me being me after a few months I became reacquainted with the herb. I'm doing this so I don't have to get crap weed from dodgy places. Just some personal relaxation...
    I have no idea how the powers that be in government can consider alcohol to be less damaging than some herbs you smoke. I'm in the same group as you, my man. I'm just trying to relax and avoid buying over-priced under-quality buds from dodgy, shady people.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smokedragon View Post
    I have no idea how the powers that be in government can consider alcohol to be less damaging than some herbs you smoke. I'm in the same group as you, my man. I'm just trying to relax and avoid buying over-priced under-quality buds from dodgy, shady people.
    I have to second this opinion also my friend, I hope maybe one day we will follow USA in some respects regarding the weed? (Or better yet - The Dam!ha)

And to the OP (Mr_Bloom) - my favourite part of the grow, enjoy!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Toker4Lyfe For This Useful Post:

Smokedragon (23-03-17)