Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yellowing an small top leaves

Thanks

Default Answered: Yellowing an small top leaves

Hello hope someone can help us.

This is the first time i have grow this strain (holy grail kush). I have just flipped my plants to 12/12 and notice all the topleaves are small starting to yellow. The are a few leaves (not many-pic below) on some plants with are green but with yellow burnt edges. I have been researching but coming up with different answers. Any ideas ?

I have 8 plants in 45L pots. 3x 600w hps lights. Good air circulation an temps around 78-80 F. I get my EC to 1.6, PH 5.9. I use Dutch pro take root an multi total. An cannas mag cal.

I have grow before but only cheese an never seen this issue.

Sent from my LG-H860 using Tapatalk

2. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Damking1 View Post
    Appreciate all your comments guys. Im being told a lot of different things. I think its either Overwatering or as you guys are saying them need a good flush.

I really hesitant to water them again as im being told its defo Overwatering. But you guys are probably more experienced. Im gonna try that next.

Any of you experienced fellas fancy giving us a telephone walkthrough. Ill be happy to pay you as im really stressing out.

Thanks
    Theres no need for phone calls or cash. Info and help is free and provided here for the love of all things cannabis. If you want to sort these ignore whoever's telling your there over watered as you ain't growing in soil.

Step by step follow this

1. Mix a feed up with base nutrients A and B to an Ec of 1.2 Ph 5.8

2. Water the plants from the top until 20-30% of what you put in comes out the bottom into the run off trays.

3. Get your Ec and ph meter and take a reading from the run off water with both meters

4. Put the numbers up here so we now what we're working with

5. Step 5 will follow once we know the numbers"

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,815 Times

It looks like it could be burning from your lamps I had a similar issue with the new leaves on my autos developing little yellow and brown tips didn't hurt the plant at all. How far away from the canopy are your lamps? I wouldn't worry too much though as long as the rest of your plant is healthy
    First completed grow Timbos second attempt sour diesel auto
    Second completed grow Timbo goes critical
    Third completed grow - Rhino hunting on green crack

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Timbo287 For This Useful Post:

Glynne (25-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Timbo287 View Post
    It looks like it could be burning from your lamps I had a similar issue with the new leaves on my autos developing little yellow and brown tips didn't hurt the plant at all. How far away from the canopy are your lamps? I wouldn't worry too much though as long as the rest of your plant is healthy
    Thanks for the reply. The lights are about 2meters away mate. I had them alot closer an my friend said it could be that as it was only on one plant. Not its on them all.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Damking1 For This Useful Post:

Glynne (25-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,815 Times

Hmm.... light burn would have been my first guess. The only other thing I can think of is nute burn but I'm not sure. Sorry buddy we've hit the limit of my knowledge. Hopefully somebody with more knowledge can help you out

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Timbo287 For This Useful Post:

Glynne (25-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times
    Provided Answers: 101

I take it your growing in coco? Your burning the plants with an Ec of 1.6 at this stage around 1.2 should be ample until they start to flower. They look rather droopy to me and your coco looks really dry. How often are you watering these?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

BB (25-03-17), ERBURT (25-03-17), Northern (26-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    I take it your growing in coco? Your burning the plants with an Ec of 1.6 at this stage around 1.2 should be ample until they start to flower. They look rather droopy to me and your coco looks really dry. How often are you watering these?
    Thanks for the reply.

I have always used an ec at 1.6. Ill try an bring that down. Im feeding them about 1litre top feed and 1/2litre feed in the bottom tray every other day. The coco is dry on the top but an inch down it is still pretty moist. What would u recommend?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Damking1 For This Useful Post:

Blue (23-03-17)

Thanks

Thanks for the reply.

I have always used an ec at 1.6. Ill try an bring that down. Im feeding them about 1litre top feed and 1/2litre feed in the bottom tray every other day. The coco is dry on the top but an inch down it is still pretty moist. What would u recommend?
    Always using an Ec of 1.6 isn't ideal. The nutrients the plants don't use will accumulate as salts in the pot.

Stop with the bottom feeding and run enough water/feed Ec1.2 through the top of the pot daily until you achieve 20-30% run off at each watering. Test the run off readings with your ph and Ec meters and stick the numbers up in here.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Damking1 (25-03-17), ERBURT (25-03-17), Northern (26-03-17), Timbo287 (24-03-17)

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I think ive overwatered them. Defo seems the more likely. Anyone know the best way to recover them ?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I think ive overwatered them. Defo seems the more likely. Anyone know the best way to recover them ?
    You cant overwater coco due to the aeriation of the substrate. And your medium is dry in the pictures... But fair enough
    Last edited by Blue; 25-03-17 at 11:40 AM.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

BB (25-03-17), Damking1 (25-03-17), ERBURT (25-03-17), joker_the_smoker (25-03-17), M_C (25-03-17), Northern (26-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

There should be some pale green going on though as you've just flipped and your plants are beginning to stretch and produce new leaves at a quicker than normal rate, but as said, there some problems with your grow which needs attention. But don't panic if more pale leaves are produced, if you've corrected where you need to they'll improve their colour as the leaves mature.
    Sent using a rudimentary device
    https://s32.postimg.org/5nlg414id/bunt_funk.jpg
    Current Grow:Super Critical Bud CBD. Diary here
    Last Grow: Green Love Potion & BlackJack
    Completed Diary: Cali Orange, Coco here.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

Damking1 (25-03-17)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast