Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How do I veg for 2 months while controlling size?

Thanks

Default How do I veg for 2 months while controlling size?

Hi everyone,

I'm limited on space and looking to vegetate in a small cool box/ foil lined bag, it's 30cm x 60cm x 60cm. I've cut a hole and put a mini extraction with 2 CFL's in there. I'm wanting to get a seed going and have it ready to go into flower. What's my best way of doing this? Is it to top and keep on topping, or defoliate and slow down growth?
    Thanks for your help.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JakeB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-03-17)

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

I would go for an Auto mate. One of the smaller varieties, Maybe a Lowryder #2. - Growing in that space wount be easy and you'll struggle to get half ounce from a plant using small CFL's.

If it were me I'd think about going slightly bigger. A wardrobe, a chest of drawers or summat similar.

Good luck mate!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (22-03-17), GEORGE (23-03-17)

Thanks

Sorry I didn't clarify enough. The coolbox would only be to vegetate, after that it'd go into a bigger space for flowering. So it's just a case of keeping a vegetating plant confined to that space.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JakeB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-03-17), Grub (22-03-17)

Viz Guest

You could limit the height by aggressive training, super cropping and what ever else you need to do to keep it small. However the question is why do you want to do this? Maybe if you share that someone will have a solution that you have not thought of... Just saying.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (23-03-17), GEORGE (23-03-17), Type M (23-03-17), Volcano (22-03-17)

Thanks

My space is really limited, the flowering tent is 60x60x180cm, so if i can vegetate a plant at the same time one is flowering it meets my consumption requirements. Rather than what I have ATM which is a long stringy thing, I figured I could use the cool box to start a bushy plant and then when i move it into the other tent there is enough space for flower stretch there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JakeB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

Why not grow an auto 18\6 lights and have a photo in there vegging until auto is done and then flip ? I've just done same with a white widow photo neglected stuck at back on very minimal light for 14 week veg only now I've just flipped to 12\12 she's gone crazy but she got all the room to herself now to flower.in 8+ weeks will be harvesting again.
    Last edited by Greengrass; 22-03-17 at 09:29 PM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-03-17), JakeB (22-03-17), Volcano (22-03-17)

Tiles Of The Simpsons Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,237 Times

Your plan is definitely possible mate. It would take some pruning and training, but do-able... What CFL's do you plan to use?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grub For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-03-17), JakeB (22-03-17)

Thanks

A mother with a taken cutting grown to the minimum required age size etc .........
    Foook that buddy complete the whole grow in the space that you have. Perfect the environment and SCROG the fuck out of it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Volcano For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-03-17)

Thanks

It's currently got 4 x 26 watt's in, I can add more if need be but I want to see the temperatures with 4 in before. Is there such thing as topping too many times?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JakeB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (23-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,468 Times

Quote Originally Posted by JakeB View Post
    It's currently got 4 x 26 watt's in, I can add more if need be but I want to see the temperatures with 4 in before. Is there such thing as topping too many times?
    No such thing as topping to many times, and 4 will be plenty, you can even do well with just two, if things get to hot, just take two out. I have veg one plant with just one of those cfl's you got.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast