Thread: Budm aste LED

Thanks

Default Budm aste LED

Hello all,
    I am thinking of upgrading to a budmaster GOD light. My space is 150cm x 70cm with about 8 ft height. I currently use 1 600w hps on an adjust a wing and pull about 16oz from 4 plants in 11 ltr pots using old timer organic range.
    The question is, GOD6 or GOD8? Is it important not to "over light" the area? Any info on budmaster range would be appreciated.
    Cheers
    Raphe
    Last edited by Raphe; 23-03-17 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raphe For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-17), Timbo287 (23-03-17)

Keeno Guest

I recently tried the smallest GOD version with a mind to go bigger if i liked what i see, unfortunately this went wrong quickly, we now know it wasn't the light which is a shame as i didnt keep it. As for which model, id go for the higher power if you can afford it, reasons for this are the fact these lights are very intense, the chips they use are 200-300% brighter than the average 3w led chip, this coupled with the very focused lens means budmaster themselves recommend the light to be hung as highy as 5 foot in seedling stage, 4 foot in veg ect, While this shows how powerful the lights are it also creates another problem with smaller models imo, as im sure you are already aware these lights produce a ridiculous amount of umol/par readings, claiming to out perform a 600w hps at certain heights, the issue is that as they are so intense you have to have them far above the light canopy which means on the lower models the umol/par reading drop at the sort of heights needed, therefor i would if i had another go at these lights go for the biggest i could for the space needed.

That being said, if you are already pulling 16oz from that space with a 600w hps i think you are doing well and the price of these lights for the amount of electric you will be saving just isnt worth it. For a lot less money you can build a custom panel, there are is a thread on here where somebody is currently doing one and many vids on youtube.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Keeno For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-17), ggotch (23-03-17), Jesse Pinkman (23-03-17), Raphe (24-03-17), Timbo287 (23-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 23,221 Times

I was able to get the older XG (?) version, 4 clusters of "blurple" LEDs with a slight discount about a year ago Even at half power it burned my chillies at 3.5 ft away.

In hind sight, I should have bought their Blue Moon 2-cluster version. But it was new back then and was pricier in comparion.

Give them a ring, I have spoken to them and they seemed a lovely bunch of people who take great pride in their product.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Valentina For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (15-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 90,471 Times

I would check out California Light works, can't go wrong with one of there. I have there 220W Solarflair, and I can pull 10oz with two plants no problem. You are looking for the 550w version, to replace the 600W HPS. good luck and happy growing.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GEORGE For This Useful Post: