Thread: I need need question answered

Thanks

Default I need need question answered

I am looking to install a 24x5x4 indoor fluorescent grow light which can hold two bulbs ; GE 20-Watt 3000K Color-Enhancing Linear Fluorescent Tube Light Bulb (Common: 24-in; Actual: 24-in).
    My question is.. Will it burn my plants out/harm anything for a grow container 20 cubic foot capacity32"W x 24.75"D x 72"
    It has shelf's inside the containtler to raise/lower which the plants would be on. Please help. It would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Are they T5 bulbs? If so, can you get tubes in the right light spectrum? 3000k may be suitable for bloom, but 2700k or lower would be better (for bloom). HPS lamps push high lumens (16000 at 150w) in the 2000k spectrum with a wider spectrum than CFL bulbs. Meaning, the distribution of light for HPS is more even surrounding 2000k (think bell curve) while CLF bulbs tend to have spikes near the stated color temperature of the bulb.

I was looking at a small T5 setup myself. You can get replacement bulbs/tubes in different spectrums (6500k for veg, 2700k or lower for bloom) pretty easily. *LINK REMOVED*myself, but it looks to be interesting as the ballast seems to be able to take a Metal Halide or High Pressure Sodium bulb in 150w. Which means you can put the MH bulb in for veg, switch out for HPS for bloom. The wattage is right for an indoor, confined space and the lumens are pretty high!
    Last edited by B.A.BARACUS; 25-03-17 at 06:00 PM.
    I smoke leaves when I have no bud.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smokedragon For This Useful Post:

CannaTaraBis (25-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smokedragon View Post
    Are they T5 bulbs? If so, can you get tubes in the right light spectrum? 3000k may be suitable for bloom, but 2700k or lower would be better (for bloom). HPS lamps push high lumens (16000 at 150w) in the 2000k spectrum with a wider spectrum than CFL bulbs. Meaning, the distribution of light for HPS is more even surrounding 2000k (think bell curve) while CLF bulbs tend to have spikes near the stated color temperature of the bulb.

I was looking at a small T5 setup myself. You can get replacement bulbs/tubes in different spectrums (6500k for veg, 2700k or lower for bloom) pretty easily. I can't vouch for this offer on ebay myself, but it looks to be interesting as the ballast seems to be able to take a Metal Halide or High Pressure Sodium bulb in 150w. Which means you can put the MH bulb in for veg, switch out for HPS for bloom. The wattage is right for an indoor, confined space and the lumens are pretty high!
    Thank you for responding. I will copy and paste some of the description of the bulbs and the specs of the bulbs.

2-ft long T12 linear tube
    Medium bi-pin (T12) base
    GE plant and aquarium fluorescent bulbs highlight the natural beauty and color of aquatic life and plants
    Contains a combination of phosphors that produce light rich in reds and blues, specially designed to promote the growth and flowering of plants and aquatic vegetation

Bulb Wattage 20
    Package Quantity 1 but there will be 2 bulbs bought and installed.
    Rated Life (Hours) 9000
    Indoor/Outdoor For indoor or enclosed outdoor use only
    Tube Type Linear
    Actual Fluorescent Tube Length (Inches) 24
    Light Color Color-enhancing
    Color Temperature (Kelvins) 3000
    ENERGY STAR Qualified No
    Rapid Start Yes
    Lumens 750
    Dimmable No
    Plug-In Type Medium bi-pin
    Bulk Buy No
    Works with Iris No
    Light Bulb Base Type Medium bi-pin (T12)
    Series Name N/A
    Common Fluorescent Tube Length (Inches) 24
    ENERGY STAR Certified No
    Bulb Shape Linear

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CannaTaraBis For This Useful Post:

Smokedragon (25-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CannaTaraBis View Post
    ...Bulb Wattage 20... ...Lumens 750...
    I have two T8 18" fixtures that run at 14w and put out 700 Lumens. They are under powered for what we are trying to do. I'm only using it because I found a tube in the 6500k and another in 2700k and even a UVB bulb for the same fixture. They can be versatile, useful for propagating clones (which require gentle light), but on the whole under powered.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Smokedragon For This Useful Post:

CannaTaraBis (25-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smokedragon View Post
    I have two T8 18" fixtures that run at 14w and put out 700 Lumens. They are under powered for what we are trying to do. I'm only using it because I found a tube in the 6500k and another in 2700k and even a UVB bulb for the same fixture. They can be versatile, useful for propagating clones (which require gentle light), but on the whole under powered.
    More information on the grow light and bulb features..
    Accepts 2 F20T8 (20W), F17T8 (17W), or F20T12 (20W) bulbs - not included- Voltage: 120- Frequency: 60 Hz
    Which bulb would work best for the setup and grow of my plants? The grow light holds two bulbs.