Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Back on thcTalk - looking for info on RSO to treat friends cancer

Thanks

Default Back on thcTalk - looking for info on RSO to treat friends cancer

Hello all!

Been a while - had a lot going on, work, family etc. Finally proposed to the missus in Dam! All booked up for next August.

Built a new grow room in the loft, finally made the switch to HPS from CFL - sorted proper extraction, filter etc. all vented into the chimney stack. 4 in there at the moment. Bubba Yum, Krippleberry, Big Bag and Custard Cream. All in soil, 12ltr pots. Will hopefully get a diary up soon.

Anyway, that's not the main reason I'm back on here...

A friend of ours was recently diagnosed with 'Stage 3 Triple Negative Breast Cancer'. She has since had other tests and has been told the cancer is metastic and has spread to her ribs and some of her lymph nodes. She has started chemotherapy but is keen to start an RSO treatment.

She's 29, a mother to 2 children - one of whom is only a few months old. They genuinely are the nicest couple ever - life is an absolute cunt!

I've done a bit of research on RSO in the past as I was going to make a couple batches of RSO to put away should someone close to me get sick - so I have some knowledge on the stuff. Been reading up on Rick Simpson, the testimonies etc.

I'm pretty certain I can make this stuff! I've got an half decent set up now - can maintain temps, proper lights etc. Grown a fair few plants now so I can confidently turn out decent bud each grow. I grow organically which is ideal for medical grade RSO, I understand. Curing can be a pain in the arse but a cure isn't required for medical RSO - just dry the shit out of it. Probably looking to have 6-8 plants going perpetually to make this.

From what I've seen and read, an ideal strain for making RSO that can target cancer cells would be a pure Indica. I also understand that where CBD is the cannabinoid capable of helping those with chronic pain, suffering seizures etc., THC is the cannabinoid that has been shown capable of targeting cancer cells. So at the moment, in terms of which strain to grow - I've been looking for a pure Indica with the highest THC content possible. Strains I've looked at are,

Humboldt Seeds - Bubba Kush (Pure Indica, 19 to 24% THC) Bubba Kush 2.0 (Pure Indica, 24% THC), Dr Krippling Incredible Bulk, for the yield aspect.

I'll be mooching about the existing posts and might ask a few questions of my own. If anyone has any posts etc. they can point me in the direction of, it would be greatly appreciated.

I know Chewy used to be the man to speak to about this but I see he's no longer around, which is a shame. Any new Doc's in the Talk?

Thanks people!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (28-03-17), GEORGE (10-04-17), Glynne (29-03-17), Valentina (25-07-17), walshy (14-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

You could drop Dexter McPherson a PM, he is very clued up on the medicinal uses of cannabis

Oh, & smart move swapping to HPS, you'll never look back
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

BobHop (28-03-17), ERBURT (28-03-17), ganja.lad (28-03-17), GEORGE (10-04-17), Glynne (29-03-17), joker_the_smoker (28-03-17)

Thanks

Cheers M_C. Will get in touch with Dexter.

I've not really noticed any difference with the HPS as yet - the two auto's have been throwing out pistils for about a week now so I'm hoping I'll see the difference now. Once I get this med grow underway I'll likely be chucking a 600w in there.

Funny how some of us start with shitty low watt CFL's, then gradually want more and more light as we learn more about growing!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-17), Glynne (29-03-17), M_C (29-03-17), THC Prince (06-03-20)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Welcome back Bob

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

BobHop (29-03-17), GEORGE (10-04-17), Glynne (29-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

BobHop (30-03-17), GEORGE (10-04-17), Glynne (29-03-17)

Mr Legend Guest

Welcome back matey, wish it was for a better reason though... ✌

First of browse through our medical section and you'll find all the info you need on how to make CCO/RSO, mix it with carrier oils and capsulate it for accurate dosage...
    Couple of things you need to know straight up, THC is the cancer killer but CBD is not to be underestimated and it helps a lot in cancer treatment, for that reason we aim at 2:1 THC/CBD ratio when making medicine...
    Carrier oils and sunflower lecithin are extremely important for bio availability, they'll increase absorption and target what's needed...

Would be great if you could PM me more dials from her last discharge letter from the hospital mate and we'll take it from there...

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mr Legend For This Useful Post:

Blue (29-03-17), BobHop (30-03-17), Dazmandaz (04-04-17), GEORGE (10-04-17), Glynne (29-03-17), M_C (29-03-17), walshy (14-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Welcome back Bob
    Thanks Blue - Will hopefully be sticking around a bit longer this time.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

Blue (29-03-17), GEORGE (10-04-17), Glynne (29-03-17), M_C (09-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    welcome back matey
    Cheers Fella!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-17), Glynne (29-03-17), joker_the_smoker (29-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter McPherson View Post
    Welcome back matey, wish it was for a better reason though... ✌

First of browse through our medical section and you'll find all the info you need on how to make CCO/RSO, mix it with carrier oils and capsulate it for accurate dosage...
    Couple of things you need to know straight up, THC is the cancer killer but CBD is not to be underestimated and it helps a lot in cancer treatment, for that reason we aim at 2:1 THC/CBD ratio when making medicine...
    Carrier oils and sunflower lecithin are extremely important for bio availability, they'll increase absorption and target what's needed...

Would be great if you could PM me more dials from her last discharge letter from the hospital mate and we'll take it from there...
    Hi Dexter - thank you so much for taking the time to pop in - it really is appreciated!

I'll get the details from her last discharge letter and send it over asap.

With regards to the THC:CBD ratio being 2:1 - could you explain briefly how that works please. This is something I'm struggling to get my head around. Most of the seeds I've been looking at are around 20-24% TCH and 1-2% CBD. How would one get to a 2:1 ratio? Would it be a matter of growing high THC content plants as well as high CBD content plants and combining the two to make the oil?

Again, I really appreciate your time and help.

Cheers!

BH

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

Blue (29-03-17), GEORGE (10-04-17), M_C (29-03-17)

Mr Legend Guest

No problem Bob, I'll help as much as I can...

You've got it right mate... 👍

If you want the best medicine with as much medical properties as you can get with a home setup you'll need to grow few different strains, you'll need high THC Indica for relaxation, pain and night time dosing, high THC sativa dominant strain for daytime medication so she can function properly as she got two kids to take care of and you'll need high CBD strain for inflammation and full entourage effect cause you'll be mixing THC and CBD oil to achieve 2:1 THC/CBD ratio...

Choosing strains is up to you mate and you'll have to play around with that and see what suits her best, people react differently and sometimes we need to adjust things...

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mr Legend For This Useful Post:

Blue (29-03-17), BobHop (30-03-17), GEORGE (10-04-17), Glynne (29-03-17), M_C (29-03-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast