Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Back on thcTalk - looking for info on RSO to treat friends cancer

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

If you look in the high CBD sections of seedbanks you will find strains that come with a 2:1 ratio
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

BobHop (30-03-17), GEORGE (10-04-17), Glynne (29-03-17)

Thanks

Thank you all so much for your help so far! Will get some more info regarding my friend a bit later on.

Here's a few pics of the new groom and my girls at the moment

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-17), M_C (30-03-17), walshy (14-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter McPherson View Post
    No problem Bob, I'll help as much as I can...

You've got it right mate... 

If you want the best medicine with as much medical properties as you can get with a home setup you'll need to grow few different strains, you'll need high THC Indica for relaxation, pain and night time dosing, high THC sativa dominant strain for daytime medication so she can function properly as she got two kids to take care of and you'll need high CBD strain for inflammation and full entourage effect cause you'll be mixing THC and CBD oil to achieve 2:1 THC/CBD ratio...

Choosing strains is up to you mate and you'll have to play around with that and see what suits her best, people react differently and sometimes we need to adjust things...
    I've Pm'd you the details from her discharge letter mate.

I've been looking at a few strains, will get them up soon. I'm thinking I may have to go with autos on this for their speed - but I'm not sure if their THC content will be enough as the majority of them appear to be fairly lower than photo's?

There's so much conflicting information out there, I read an article about cannabis and breast cancer and they were saying a ratio of 4:1 to target the cancer cells - then I read about Rick Simpson and he doesn't mention CBD, he just says a pure indica with the a very high TCH content?

I'm not doubting your knowledge mate, just trying to make sense of it all really.

Thanks

BH

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-17), M_C (02-04-17)

Thanks

I pulled this from the article;

Research has shown that PR+, HER2-positive, and triple-negative breast cancers can be effectively treated with cannabis. The protocols recommended by doctors we work with tend to have high THC-to-CBD ratios, often around 4:1.

Cancers that involve estrogen, however, may actually spread in response to large amounts of THC. Patients with ER+ or triple-positive breast cancer do better with lower ratios of THC to CBD—a ratio 1:1 or 1:3 is preferable, according to doctors and patients we’ve spoken with.

She has triple negative breast cancer. Would a ratio of 4:1 be suitable in this case, or would you still recommend 2:1?

Thanks

BH

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-17), Glynne (02-04-17), THC Prince (06-03-20)

Thanks

If anyone has any knowledge on this please feel free to chime in - all opinions / knowledge is warmly welcomed. Due to the nature of her illness, time is of an essence so I'm looking to get the grow underway as soon as possible.

I've been doing a bit of research on strains and so far I've shortlisted these - anyone have any experience with these strains?

For the CBD I've been looking at these two strains.

*Auto CBD Star - Ministry of Seeds

70% Indica - 20% Ruderalis - 10% Sativa - (Evening dose)
    10% CBD - 10% THC

*Industrial CBD Plant - Dinafem Seeds
    50% Sativa - 10% Ruderalis - 40% Indica (Daytime dose)
    13% CBD - 5.8% THC

For the THC I've been looking at these strains - as per Dexters advice I'll be choosing 1 mainly Indica strain for her evening doses and 1 sativa strain for daytime dosing.

* Cash Crop Auto
    -Cream of The Crop (Nighttime Dose)
    Indica dominant
    22% THC

* Narcotic Kush - Auto - Cream of The Crop (Nighttime Dose)

Indica dominant
    22% THC

I've decided to go with Auto's for this - the main reason being the speed in which they're ready and the ease of growing them

* Afghan Kush Ryder - Auto -World of Seeds (Nighttime Dose)

Indica dominant
    22% THC

* KO Crop - Cream of The Crop - (Daytime Dose)

Sativa dominant
    20% THC

* Pinapple Express - Fast Buds - (Daytime Dose)
    Sativa Dominant
    20% THC

* AK49 - Vision Seeds - (Daytime Dose)
    Sativa dominant
    20% THC
    For information purposes:

As with all my grows, this will be organic in soil. I want to give my friend the best, cleanest medicine I'm able to produce with my setup. Feeds will consist of Ecothrive Charge prior to flowering, switching to OT Bloom when pistils first show. I do have some PM Bio-Silicon, which I use for all my own grows - not sure if I should use it for producing 'medical' oil? Is this still considered 'organic'? Not really bothered about my own grows as they're organic enough for me, but this is different.

If anyone is able to offer their advice or knowledge, you'd be a great help.

Many thanks

BH

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-17), M_C (02-04-17)

Thanks

OK, so I've ordered the seeds.

1 x Auto CBD star
    1 x Industrial Plant Auto
    3 x West Coast OG - Auto
    3 x Critical Neville's Haze - Auto

They also threw in a couple of freebies - Pineapple Express Auto & AK49 Auto - they're not what I'm looking for, for the oil - but sound like nice strains so will save them for a rainy day.

This will by far be my largest grow yet - I've never intended to grow this amount, but the situation with my friend calls for it. When I grow for my personal smoke - 4 is my max! They're going to have to go in 8litre pots so I can fit them all in.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-17), Mr.North (02-04-17), M_C (02-04-17)

Thanks

I've done some research - takes a while to siphon through the bullshit that's out there. But here's what I've found so far;

Some info on my friends condition...She has Grade 3 Triple Negative Breast Cancer, which has since become metastatic and appears to now be on one of her ribs. For those that don't know (I didn't before I started researching this), Triple Negative Breast Cancer, is breast cancer that has no receptors for estrogen, progesterone or HER2. HER2 is a protein that can target HER2 positive breast cancers as they have the HER2 receptors.

When my friend first mentioned to me that she is considering trying cannabis as a treatment, I immediately thought of RSO, or Rick Simpson Oil. I've seen his documentary, heard various interviews with him, his advocates and the testimonies of those who have beat cancer and claim RSO to be the key to them beating their cancer. I'm a strong believer in that cannabis has massive medicinal potential, and I don't doubt the tests and testimonies that point to concentrated cannabis oils being able to cure certain types of cancer. However, Rick claims that his oil will cure any type of cancer, weather it be breast cancer, brain cancer, prostate, lung, or whatever. After finding out that my friend has been diagnosed with breast cancer, I learned that there are different kinds of breast cancer, and each kind of breast cancer responds differently to different cannabinoids. Some kinds of breast cancer respond well to high levels of THC, whereas some breast cancers can be stimulated by high levels of THC and cause the cancer to proliferate.

I've researched the effects of cannabinoids on cancer using various sources, I've cross referenced articles and publications and whittled my findings down to what appears to be the most common (and believable) research findings so far.

• When making CCO to treat breast cancer, the THC:CBD ratio needs to be matched to the kind of breast cancer.

• ER+ (Estrogen Receptor Positive) breast cancers have been show to respond best to an oil with low amounts of THC to CBD - 1:3 for example.

• ER+ breast cancers may actually proliferate and metastasize in the presence of high THC levels.

• Triple Negative, PR+ and HER2+ breast cancers are reported to respond best to an oil with a high THC to CBD ratio. Around 4:1 appears to be the most agreed THC:CBD ratio for these kind of cancers.

My friend has triple negative breast cancer, so the oil I'm making for her will need to have a high THC content and a ratio of 4:1. As per Dexters advice, I will be making two batches of the oil. One from Indica dominant strains for nighttime dosing and another from Sativa dominant strains for daytime dosing.

Things I've started researching and could do with some guidance on are;

• Is it possible to test / estimate the THC content of an oil?
    • How would one combine THC oil and CBD oil to meet a 4:1 ratio? I can't see it simply being 4 parts THC oil to 1 part CBD oil - the levels of CBD and TCH vary between all the strains I'll grow for the oil. If I grow some plants with a 10% CBD content, and a plant with 20% THC content - would I get the 4:1 ratio by combining 1 part oil made from the CBD plants to 2 parts oil from the THC plants?
    • When administering the oil, would it be best in capsule form. If so, what carrier oil would be best suited? And how much CBD/THC oil needs to be mixed with the carrier oil for each capsule?

I'll leave it at that for tonight - will update as soon as I get a chance.

If anyone else reading this who's looking into a cure for cancer, either for a loved one or yourself - please research properly as different cancers respond differently to different cannabinoids. If you produce an oil with the wrong THC:CBD ratio, you may actually cause the cancer to worsen.

Thanks

BH

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (04-04-17), GEORGE (10-04-17), M_C (09-04-17), THC Prince (06-03-20), walshy (14-04-17)

Thanks

Hi everyone. Not sure if anyone's watching this thread anymore, but a quick update on where I am at the moment.

So the seeds have all arrived, all nicely packaged.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	343887 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	57.0 KB 
ID:	343888

I have a slight predicament at the moment. Time is obviously of an essence here and I need to be able to make the oil for my friend as soon as possible. As the moment I have 2 autos and 2 photos in the groom. The auto's have around 3 weeks or so to go and the photos haven't long started to flower - only a few pistils on each at the moment.

The plan I have at the moment is as follows, if anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears;

Take the two photo's out into the garden - I've seen a little pop-up plastic greenhouse for 20 quid. I'm thinking of putting them both out there in the little greenhouse thing still in their pots, so I can get 6 of these new seeds on the go. Then once the two autos are done in a few weeks I'll get the other 2 seeds going. Once these plants are done and ready to make the oil the two plants will come back in from the garden to flower in the groom. I would leave them in the garden and just let them flower naturally, but my garden is quite small so neighbors smelling them would be a concern, and having a few trees around means there's no one spot that has sunshine all day. They'd probably get around 8 hours direct sunlight each day, unless I moved the pots around the garden all day.

Anyway, that's my plan for the plants.

As for the oil, I'm still unsure about a few things. Ratios of THC:CBD for example. Is anyone able to offer their help?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (10-04-17), M_C (09-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

I'm keeping an eye on things Bob... I just don't have any real answers to your questions

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

BobHop (10-04-17), GEORGE (10-04-17), THC Prince (06-03-20), walshy (14-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    I'm keeping an eye on things Bob... I just don't have any real answers to your questions
    Cheers mate- no problem at all! You may not have answers for this, but you're a legend in other areas!

I bought the little plastic greenhouse thing - the Custard Cream and Big Bag are both out in the garden now, where they will remain until I've finished the oil run. Fingers crossed they'll be OK out there - I'm hoping that if I keep topping them I can keep them at a reasonable size so they'll still fit back into the groom to flower them.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BobHop For This Useful Post:

M_C (10-04-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2