Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP !! PH Levels dropping

Thanks

Default HELP !! PH Levels dropping

Hi Guys,
    Plant is in week 4 of flower,
    I had a problem with a calcium deficiency just after turning the light cycle to 12/12 and used some cal mag added to the feed to try compensate, it seems to have helped the plant as the signs of calcium def have got no worse.
    I have not continued to use as now having real problems maintaining the pH level in my pot.
    the pH is dropping from 5.6 to 4.9 over 12 hour period and EC was creeping up.
    I've changed out the nutes 3 days on the trot and cleaned out the pot, still the same is happening.
    the nutes are now lowered to 0.8 EC, starting water at less than 0.1 EC. RO water.
    I have no idea what to do next as I can't figure it out

Has anyone got any ideas ??

Muddy

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

pics??

have you not foliar fed them any calmag? wud make sense to give them a blast before buds start forming.

are you letting the water sit 24hours 1st, this helps keep ph a bit more stable

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

greengiant (28-03-17), muddywaters (28-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Ill come chim in when kids are off to school man and had a cofee hehe

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

It sounds like your plants are struggling dude.

In dwc you should always have calmag present in the water. My background ec is 0.35 so I haven't used it up to week one of flower but if my plants tell me to I will.

You're on ro water so I would suggest adding calmag to increase the ec to around 0.4 and then add nutes up to 1.0

4.9 is a really low ph. It's well over ten times more acidic than it should be which won't help with calmag uptake at all.

I would look at getting my ph in order before worrying about deficiencies as that will cause you a while world of feeding problems.

Try making a feed up with 0.3 calmag and the rest normal feed up to 1.0 ec and see what happens.

Ph usually drifts up in my little dwc experience so it's a strange one to me.

Hopefully a more knowledgeable dwc grower can help further but for now make up a feed with calmag up to 1.0 and ph of 5.8-6 and that should help.

What size is your system? Ie litres of water to each pot and how big are the plants?

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

Dale92 (28-03-17), ggotch (31-03-17), joker_the_smoker (28-03-17), muddywaters (28-03-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    pics??

have you not foliar fed them any calmag? wud make sense to give them a blast before buds start forming.

I kept forgetting to stand my water and as you say the chlorine evaporation drops the ph quite a bit.

Top tip for growing in any medium.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (28-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    pics??

Hi Joker,
    I didn't have the problem until they were already in flower and I only put cal mag in with the feed as directed on the bottle.
    The water has been sat for 24 hours before use, but I only thought this applied to tap water with chlorine in it ?
    My water source is from a borehole supply and really alkaline, so it goes through a water softener and that adds brine, so water is salty as F#!K. EC of raw water is 1.1. hence the RO plant.

Muddy

10. The Following User Says Thank You to muddywaters For This Useful Post:

Trex (28-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greengiant View Post
    It sounds like your plants are struggling dude.

In dwc you should always have calmag present in the water. My background ec is 0.35 so I haven't used it up to week one of flower but if my plants tell me to I will.

You're on ro water so I would suggest adding calmag to increase the ec to around 0.4 and then add nutes up to 1.0

4.9 is a really low ph. It's well over ten times more acidic than it should be which won't help with calmag uptake at all.

I would look at getting my ph in order before worrying about deficiencies as that will cause you a while world of feeding problems.

Try making a feed up with 0.3 calmag and the rest normal feed up to 1.0 ec and see what happens.

Ph usually drifts up in my little dwc experience so it's a strange one to me.

Hopefully a more knowledgeable dwc grower can help further but for now make up a feed with calmag up to 1.0 and ph of 5.8-6 and that should help.

What size is your system? Ie litres of water to each pot and how big are the plants?

Hi Dru,
    I've grown about 4 plants using this water and never had a problem before this one ( Cal issue).
    The only difference being I was using the pH perfect nutes that kept the feed at 5.8 pH and was advised this is too high pH for Calcium uptake, so this caused the prob I think.
    I went back to my old nutes, Vitalink, and added the calmag to the feed.
    I'm only running a single bucket with one plant, its a 20 litre pot, but only getting in 10 litres of water in due to water level up to bottom of net pot, there are 2 airstones in there as well.
    I will get a picture up.

Muddy

Thanks

OK guys,
    the dreaded pictures,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0022.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	343122

Name:	IMG_0023.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	343123

Name:	IMG_0024.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	99.7 KB 
ID:	343124

Name:	IMG_0025.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	343125

Name:	IMG_0026.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	343126

Muddy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to muddywaters For This Useful Post:

Trex (28-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Calcium def or possible potassium def , youll have to take a pic without hps on . But id say more a cal def for sure

when ec spikes ,that means feed is too high , the plant rejects them and sucks up water and make the entire solution drop in PH as most nutes are acidic . But that said , having a defficency will prevent plants from uptaking other nutrients .

Tske a new pic without the lights on and ill come.back.and ill help you out

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

muddywaters (28-03-17)

Thanks

Hi Trex,
    a couple more pics with lights off.

Name:	IMG_0027.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	343129