Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Need a little help building my DIY RDWC system

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    B&Q sell tank connectors. I've bought mine there, they will also sell the pipes. The spray bars replace the need for a noisy air pump. Basically, you have a pump in the main res, this would be for your spray bars. They would fill the pots & the return pipes keep it all equalised. Spray bars provide more dissolved oxygen than airstones, they also don't mess around with your ph readings. Get rid of the airstones & air pump if you have bought them, get a 8000 litre per hour water pump instead
    Surely an 8000 lph pump with spray bars makes more noise?

Does all the water spilling out not make a lot more noise?

Interesting if not and something I may design into my next build.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times

Quote Originally Posted by greengiant View Post
    Surely an 8000 lph pump with spray bars makes more noise?

Does all the water spilling out not make a lot more noise?

Interesting if not and something I may design into my next build.

It does make noise because the water is jetting into the water however if you wanting a silent grow I wouldn't say go hydro. It's noisy as hell!

My chiller sounds like a jet, the pump vibrates and I've got anti vibration mat underneath both.

I have a flow valve on mine for night times and we'll when it's on low enough for my chiller rating. The water doesn't create dissolved oxygen as it doesn't hit the water in time.

Just created a filter for my pump using the 1 1/2" BSP female thread to solve weld 40mm and put sponge inside it.

Stopped some of the vibration.

Air pump also makes a similar sound to my water pump and spray bars as it vibrates too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fwank View Post
    It does make noise because the water is jetting into the water however if you wanting a silent grow I wouldn't say go hydro. It's noisy as hell!

My chiller sounds like a jet, the pump vibrates and I've got anti vibration mat underneath both.

I have a flow valve on mine for night times and we'll when it's on low enough for my chiller rating. The water doesn't create dissolved oxygen as it doesn't hit the water in time.

Just created a filter for my pump using the 1 1/2" BSP female thread to solve weld 40mm and put sponge inside it.

Stopped some of the vibration.

Air pump also makes a similar sound to my water pump and spray bars as it vibrates too.
    I'm running rdwc with a mj500 and a hailea v30 air pump and it's silent outside my spare room so I disagree that hydro is noisy.

I have my air pump on a thick layer of carpet underlay and it's quiet.
    My duct fan hangs on elastic and is totally silent.
    Water pump is under water and makes zero noise. I can't even tell if it's on it not without touching it to feel tiny vibrations.

If I put the air pump into a sound insulated box my setup would be virtually silent.

I think it just depends how you set things up.

Thanks

I've yet to buy a chiller so maybe that's when it gets noisy.

Are all chillers noisy?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,438 Times

Quote Originally Posted by greengiant View Post
    I've yet to buy a chiller so maybe that's when it gets noisy.

Are all chillers noisy?

It's the fans inside and the compressor. Like a fridge that when they have that clunk noise.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fwank For This Useful Post:

greengiant (07-04-17), TomKing (07-04-17)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4