Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cheaper run to waste system

Thanks

Default Cheaper run to waste system

I thought I'd share this.
    If you want a run to waste system but without the cost of a 'brain' bucket pumping out your waste water, just buy a cheap condensation pump unit. It will have a collection tray. Remove the collection tray, put it in the bucket and pipe where you want the waste water to go. Simple.
    Condensation pumps are used for air con split units and have a float switch and small pump built into the housing.
    £50 all in for your brain bucket. Slightly better than the £110 they tried to charge me and these things last for ages.
    Hope it help somebody

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Toke monkey For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (28-03-17), ggotch (28-03-17), Glynne (28-03-17), joker_the_smoker (28-03-17), mrnice586 (28-03-17), Samwise Gamgee (30-03-17), The Cornishman (30-03-17), toblue (18-04-17), umbongo (23-08-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

nice one mukka. bought mine last year for bout 150quid lol. am lazy on the diy .

what do your pots sit on? any pics

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Glynne (28-03-17)

Viz Guest

Could you post up an ebay number (no links allowed) of the pump you use. I like the idea very very much.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

Glynne (28-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    nice one mukka. bought mine last year for bout 150quid lol. am lazy on the diy .

what do your pots sit on? any pics
    The pots simply sit on 'rhizostands' from the local hydroponics shop. Could have made something else for them to stand on but couldn't be bothered

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toke monkey For This Useful Post:

Glynne (28-03-17), toblue (18-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toke monkey View Post
    The pots simply sit on 'rhizostands' from the local hydroponics shop. Could have made something else for them to stand on but couldn't be bothered

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Toke monkey For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (30-03-17), ggotch (29-03-17), joker_the_smoker (28-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

aye mukka same as system i use. except i had buy the bastard brain which was 90quid.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...on-The-Bulks-D

12. The Following User Says Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Glynne (28-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Could you post up an ebay number (no links allowed) of the pump you use. I like the idea very very much.
    I didn't buy from eBay mate. Just google grunfos conlift1 LS. Think it was £50 but any condense pump will work. They have a tray clipped to the bottom to catch the condense. I took this off and use the bucket as the same thing but bigger. Thinking about it though, I will probably just drill my holes and make off the pipe into the condense tray provided. As you can tell I'm working this out on the fly. I've tested it in the bucket and it works a treat.
    These pumps are well put together and last for years. I work in maintenance and I've never replaced one in 10 years

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toke monkey For This Useful Post:

Glynne (28-03-17), The Lost Soul (05-11-17)

Thanks

Ok, I've had a rethink. I'm now using the condensation pumps own bunding for the waste water. It's pretty self explanatory. Hole cutter for your straights with the pipe attached. Wire the flex into a plug and there is a signal or switch cable also which we are not using. I just basically made this off so it doesn't go anywhere.
    Hole through the wall to outside or wherever else you want the water to go. Done

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Toke monkey For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (30-03-17), Glynne (28-03-17), Herbenburg (28-03-17)

Viz Guest

Dude this thread needs to be a sticky. Great guide you are putting together. I found the item on ebay for between £30 and £50

Thank you big time

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Viz For This Useful Post:

BING (28-03-17), ggotch (28-03-17), Glynne (28-03-17), Toke monkey (28-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Dude this thread needs to be a sticky. Great guide you are putting together. I found the item on ebay for between £30 and £50

Thank you big time
    Totally agree mate... i think this is a great idea....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

Toke monkey (28-03-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast