Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Extraction underground and out.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Default Extraction underground and out.

Hello again lads

I have a outdoor groom in the making and will be extracting the hot air into a small greenhouse which is about 6metres away
    I will be running under ground pipe work to the greenhouse from a 8inch extraction fan with a filter on.

Im not sure if i should lay 8inch underground drainage pipes or 10 inch reason being if i need to run a 10inch fan in the future.
    The 10inch pipe will be massive though and i don't really want to install it.

Would it be ok to run a 10inch fan through a 8 inch pvc drainage pipe.?
    Also would i need to pull ducting through the pipe for it to work properly.? (i wasn't going to.)
    Anybody done this before.?

Thanks
    Tom

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

Dizzydave (19-12-17), GEORGE (29-03-17), Glynne (28-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

sounds like alot work lol. i can see were you coming from with idea so seems less a worry about heat sig maybe? what kind lights you gona be running in there??

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Dizzydave (19-12-17), GEORGE (29-03-17), Glynne (28-03-17), tom222 (28-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    sounds like alot work lol. i can see were you coming from with idea so seems less a worry about heat sig maybe? what kind lights you gona be running in there??
    Yes mate I have choppers over my garden all the time and to be honest that reason has put me of doing a groom for personal use for years.!
    So I'm half way through hand digging a trench which is roughly 10inch deep and 9inch wide.
    Yea a lot of work but i thought to myself unless i do something like this to hide the heat source then I'm not happy to be growing.
    the earth is soft at the moment but i would hate to be digging when its rock hard.!

I will be running 8 plants with x2 600w lamps in a 10 x 6ft shed with 100mm insulation all-round.

Thanks
    Tom

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

Dizzydave (19-12-17), ERBURT (29-03-17), GEORGE (29-03-17), joker_the_smoker (28-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

u live in south central L.A just kiddin mukka. fair play mon if helps ya sleep at night get the spade out haha.
    you lined the shed well with celotex then. but wont the green house light up like a xmas tree? maybe by time the air gets to the green house it would have cooled, just thinkin out loud here lol.

go for 10inch . wider the better be less strain on your fan but you could get away with 8inch. least if you go with 10 you wont need dig up again in future.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (29-03-17), GEORGE (29-03-17), tom222 (29-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    u live in south central L.A just kiddin mukka. fair play mon if helps ya sleep at night get the spade out haha.
    you lined the shed well with celotex then. but wont the green house light up like a xmas tree? maybe by time the air gets to the green house it would have cooled, just thinkin out loud here lol.

go for 10inch . wider the better be less strain on your fan but you could get away with 8inch. least if you go with 10 you wont need dig up again in future.
    I live in a decent area to be honest but for some reason they fly over pretty often, I don't know what for.!
    You would think I'm in the bronks haha.!

Well I just didn't want the hot air screaming out the side of my shed, when the hot air runs to the greenhouse it probably will mix with the cool air and disperse.
    Also the helicopters won't really look into a green house that has some heat in it. (greenhouses hold heat with all that glass in them)

Well thats my theory mate lol.
    Im proberly just bonkers haha.

Yea might just do that then with a 10inch pipe Bud.

Thanks
    Tom

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-17), joker_the_smoker (28-03-17)

Thanks

Yes i have insulated roof, floor and walls with 100mm celotex.

I presumed that by insulating the whole shed would keep the inside temperature stable, I did see someone post a few days back that they are a bad grow space.?
    Will give it a go but I will also be having lights on at night to keep temps more stable as we are coming up to nicer weather now.

Thanks
    Tom

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-17), joker_the_smoker (28-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

Tom....

I don't want to be the guy to tell you how that's going to look under a flir camera...

Do you live near a hospital or an air field? you don't have to say on here, but look for other reasons you may have flight traffic over head.

Because that green house... all that glass, you'll effectively be pointing a 1kw heater at it for between 12 and 18 hours... and if that warm pipe isn't buried deep enough, the ground will glow.

Love the celotex insulation though, make sure you use good thermal tape to seal up the gaps.

have a youtube search, see what the flir cameras can see, and what they are looking for.
    Heat does disperse quickly in to the air, but it usually heats up the vent the air is coming out of and that is what is really obvious on the camera, you are gonna make that vent housing a whole green house.

You need to have a good look, see what you can do.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-17), tom222 (29-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TomKing View Post
    Tom....

I don't want to be the guy to tell you how that's going to look under a flir camera...

Do you live near a hospital or an air field? you don't have to say on here, but look for other reasons you may have flight traffic over head.

Because that green house... all that glass, you'll effectively be pointing a 1kw heater at it for between 12 and 18 hours... and if that warm pipe isn't buried deep enough, the ground will glow.

Love the celotex insulation though, make sure you use good thermal tape to seal up the gaps.

have a youtube search, see what the flir cameras can see, and what they are looking for.
    Heat does disperse quickly in to the air, but it usually heats up the vent the air is coming out of and that is what is really obvious on the camera, you are gonna make that vent housing a whole green house.

You need to have a good look, see what you can do.

Thanks Bud I will have a look on youtube then.
    If i do decide to still do this I will dig the trench down another 10inches to be safe and also i would be leaving all the window and doors open on the green house.
    thanks for putting me straight on this one.!

thanks
    Tom

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Who's to say you don't have a tumble dryer in your shed? It's unlikely but it's not enough reason to serve a warrant against you. Summer is coming and heat in a greenhouse is perfectly normal. It's not uncommon to have a heater in your greenhouse over winter anyway. I would make the most of your nice warm greenhouse and get germinating some chillis
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (29-03-17), tom222 (29-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cunning View Post
    Who's to say you don't have a tumble dryer in your shed? It's unlikely but it's not enough reason to serve a warrant against you. Summer is coming and heat in a greenhouse is perfectly normal. It's not uncommon to have a heater in your greenhouse over winter anyway. I would make the most of your nice warm greenhouse and get germinating some chillis
    I havent a clue what the heat source from 2x 600w lamps would give out if just flowing out the side of the shed.? Compared to a tumble dryer.
    Yes will defiantly get some chilli germinating Bud.!

Tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast