Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Extraction underground and out.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,551 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tom222 View Post
    I havent a clue what the heat source from 2x 600w lamps would give out if just flowing out the side of the shed.? Compared to a tumble dryer.
    Yes will defiantly get some chilli germinating Bud.!

Tom
    Me either but I think it's a good idea what you're planning with the extraction. I think it was the Edwardians that had greenhouse heaters involving fires and hot water pipes. Clever stuff
    Too weird to live, too rare to die

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Cunning For This Useful Post:

tom222 (29-03-17)

Thanks

6" terrain pipe solvent weld (glue) or push fit if you prefer this is the soil pipe grey colour size on the back of your loo( if you extract into a drain soil vent pipe. Also if you extract into a chimney it will be a flue liner of similar dia.
    IMO 6 " would be ok. But a tip if you want to increase volume in ductwork pipe work runs run two 6" pipes coupled together you have them side by side branched (swept tees) designed to move fluids in desired directions. Big job dude.
    For security have you thought about exhausting near an all ready known hot spot?,for example my exhaust is near my boiler flue terminal and tumble dryer outlet,

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Volcano For This Useful Post:

TomKing (30-03-17)

Thanks

Also if you do run underground run an extension lead on the inside use you imagination with the correct plugs on a board and you have power in your green house dude

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

To be fair, that winter heating... you could grow a beautiful green house! And then that's a good excuse for nutrients, soil/coco/whatever, people don't question garden waste so much... works well for me!

Get a compost heap next to the groom as well, handy during smelly time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,310 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Volcano View Post
    6" terrain pipe solvent weld (glue) or push fit if you prefer this is the soil pipe grey colour size on the back of your loo( if you extract into a drain soil vent pipe. Also if you extract into a chimney it will be a flue liner of similar dia.
    IMO 6 " would be ok. But a tip if you want to increase volume in ductwork pipe work runs run two 6" pipes coupled together you have them side by side branched (swept tees) designed to move fluids in desired directions. Big job dude.
    For security have you thought about exhausting near an all ready known hot spot?,for example my exhaust is near my boiler flue terminal and tumble dryer outlet,
    Quote Originally Posted by Volcano View Post
    Also if you do run underground run an extension lead on the inside use you imagination with the correct plugs on a board and you have power in your green house dude

Thanks for the tips regarding the pipework mate.!
    Yea thought about doing something with the heat source like that but just nothing near the groom shed bud. (very good idea i must say.)

Thanks
    Tom

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TomKing View Post
    To be fair, that winter heating... you could grow a beautiful green house! And then that's a good excuse for nutrients, soil/coco/whatever, people don't question garden waste so much... works well for me!

Get a compost heap next to the groom as well, handy during smelly time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes might just make use of that green house bud.! thanks

Tom

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

Great idea venting into a greenhouse. Makes the GH nice and warm for growing too.

Possibly look at having the pipe a little deeper. I'd run it at least 6 inch under the soil and possibly insulate with bubble wrap.

8" should easily cool 1200w of light.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greengiant View Post
    Great idea venting into a greenhouse. Makes the GH nice and warm for growing too.

Possibly look at having the pipe a little deeper. I'd run it at least 6 inch under the soil and possibly insulate with bubble wrap.

8" should easily cool 1200w of light.

Thanks Bud, Yes I have dug double the depth of what i originally dug.!

Tom

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tom222 For This Useful Post:

greengiant (02-04-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

Quote Originally Posted by tom222 View Post
    Thanks Bud, Yes I have dug double the depth of what i originally dug.!

Tom
    Good idea mate. Nice day for digging anyway lol.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

tom222 (02-04-17)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2