Thread: Do i have to use t5 or cfl?

Thanks

Default Do i have to use t5 or cfl?

Hi guys
    Starting some seeds off soon but am wondering if i can use my normal dual spec bulb on my 600w dimmable ballast? If i turn it down to the lowest setting?
    Also would i be able to germinate the seed straight in coco? As thats what im using. Am i right in thinking i just plant the seed then just water? Then when its sprouted add rhizo?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Yes you can use your 600w dimmed down, no problem at all.. And yes to germinating straight in the coco.

Mix up some water with the rhizotonic added and ph to 5.8. Water the coco before you put the seed in so it's moist and then plant the seed knuckle deep and that's it. Wait for it to sprout

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (30-03-17), Skunk12 (30-03-17)

Thanks

Thanks mate how low would i have the light that ive got?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Skunk12 View Post
    Thanks mate how low would i have the light that ive got?
    Dimmed down you should easily get it around 2ft from the plant tops. Place your hand between the bulb and plant tops, if it's hot on the back of your hand it's too hot for the plants so adjust to suit.

Another tip would be to only fill your starter pots up 3/4 of the way with coco. If the plants stretch you can then top up the pots to support the stems

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (31-03-17)