Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: No time to flush!!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

They sure do. Love this site, hope one day I can grow the quality these guys can. Will keep trying until I do

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Terajuana For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-03-17), ggotch (31-03-17), Glynne (01-04-17), greengiant (01-04-17), Ironman (31-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 48,497 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Terajuana View Post
    They sure do. Love this site, hope one day I can grow the quality these guys can. Will keep trying until I do
    We all have to start some where. 😁
    I started here with no experience at all and the talk have got me through a few nice grows now.😁

You never stop learning here😎

sent from Thames Ironworks

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ironman For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (31-03-17), ggotch (31-03-17), Glynne (01-04-17), M_C (31-03-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

ive grown a few beauties and a lot of triffids and im still very much a noob and always will be,im simply too ooold now to remember it all and every grow is like my first,i simply dont have enough memory cells to store it all in,im like a chinese memory card atm

for me,its the enjoyment of growing that does it,not the dreams of weight or being a "master" etc,just the actual growing.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (01-04-17), GEORGE (31-03-17), Glynne (01-04-17), Greengrass (01-04-17), Ironman (31-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse1171 View Post
    Extreme newbie here with first grow... I finally got my pocket microscope in the mail and got a good look at trichomes. Well it looks like the plant is ready TODAY!!!.... the trichs are mostly all cloudy with a few amber ones. I was hoping to harvest earlier rather than later because I want the more "heady" energetic high. I just feed 2 days ago with RAW Bloom and a shot of Cal-Mag. I obviously can't wait the proper 2 weeks to harvest while I flush. Can I harvest without flushing? If so, will my bud taste terrible?
    Hey Darkhorse,

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't worry about pre-harvest flushing if I were you.
    Based on what I know of plants, I can't the rational in flushing, I believe it is just a tradition with no real basis.

I heard people saying it's meant to remove nutrients from the bud so the smoke tastes better, but plants don't store nutrients in their buds, they store them in their leaves and in their roots.
    All people are achieving in this is stressing the hell out of the poor plant, which is anyway then mobilizing the nutrients from the leaves and roots into the buds.
    If you haven't fed any strange chemicals to your plant, pre-harvest flushing is not necessary.

If you ask me, if you make blind tasting test for a large enough group of people, there will be no difference between flushed and non-flushed plants than random chance would allow.
    But I bet I'm gonna get crucified for voicing this

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BananaLizard For This Useful Post:

darkhorse1171 (02-04-17), Glynne (01-04-17), Ironman (01-04-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

Quote Originally Posted by BananaLizard View Post
    Hey Darkhorse,

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't worry about pre-harvest flushing if I were you.
    Based on what I know of plants, I can't the rational in flushing, I believe it is just a tradition with no real basis.

I heard people saying it's meant to remove nutrients from the bud so the smoke tastes better, but plants don't store nutrients in their buds, they store them in their leaves and in their roots.
    All people are achieving in this is stressing the hell out of the poor plant, which is anyway then mobilizing the nutrients from the leaves and roots into the buds.
    If you haven't fed any strange chemicals to your plant, pre-harvest flushing is not necessary.

If you ask me, if you make blind tasting test for a large enough group of people, there will be no difference between flushed and non-flushed plants than random chance would allow.
    Really interesting post mate.

I've often wondered about this. A massive blind test would be a great idea. I'd do it myself if I wasn't in rdwc so can't flush half my grow.

Will be interesting to hear what the experienced guys on here think.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

Glynne (01-04-17), Ironman (01-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,555 Times

Hey Darkhorse,

It'd not the first time I have read this opinion and it does make a lot of sense but I am too new to this to really judge

Thanks

Hey Darkhorse,

i personally cant see how you can even form an opinon as youve never actually grown anything have you
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-and-questions

All ive heard from you is opinions and argumentitive statements,im sure its very nice in narnia,getting wrecked and pontifying on being an alternative gardener,when your not actually a gardener, but i think you should experiment on your own grow,if it ever happens,and stop leading others on with your false air of knowledge,coming up with stupid/alternative ideas is what we do when partying/getting baked and its done for a giggle.
    starting as a noob we all just need the basic information in a way that everything then works and we get a result,we then go on to experiment etc etc.
    we dont need others to experiment using our grows

ive seen elsewhere you are also a strainmaker and breeder now

i cant be assed going into street erb that tastes of washing up liquid or chicken shit and the whys and wherefors,nor can i be assed explaining the differences between Real organic/Organic/chemical grows.
    nor the actual reason why WE grow our own,a point youve clearly missed entirely..taste and quality....not speed and weight n fk eficiency.

hmm,bit grumpy this morning arent i :chuckle: ,time for a fryup n coffee ,then off out to garden,just hope i dont meet any more idiots n itll be a great day

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,757 Times

Hey Darkhorse,

No criticism from me just very interesting. Nice post BananaLizard.
    Mon the taste test 😉

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    i personally cant see how you can even form an opinon as youve never actually grown anything have you
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-and-questions

All ive heard from you is opinions and argumentitive statements,im sure its very nice in narnia,getting wrecked and pontifying on being an alternative gardener,when your not actually a gardener, but i think you should experiment on your own grow,if it ever happens,and stop leading others on with your false air of knowledge,coming up with stupid/alternative ideas is what we do when partying/getting baked and its done for a giggle.
    starting as a noob we all just need the basic information in a way that everything then works and we get a result,we then go on to experiment etc etc.
    we dont need others to experiment using our grows

ive seen elsewhere you are also a strainmaker and breeder now

i cant be assed going into street erb that tastes of washing up liquid or chicken shit and the whys and wherefors,nor can i be assed explaining the differences between Real organic/Organic/chemical grows.
    nor the actual reason why WE grow our own,a point youve clearly missed entirely..taste and quality....not speed and weight n fk eficiency.

hmm,bit grumpy this morning arent i :chuckle: ,time for a fryup n coffee ,then off out to garden,just hope i dont meet any more idiots n itll be a great day

Sorry Sir, but you have crossed the line.
    Disagree with me all you want, but do it in a mannered way.
    By calling me an idiot you have just broken the forum rules:

"
    · Abuse of other forum members either on the forum/chat or using the pm system
    · No advertising of or linking to any items/goods on the forum unless you have asked an administrator first.... Including EBay items!
    · No personal attacks: don't flame, troll, insult, harass, threaten, rant, etc.
    · Discussion of mail order marijuana (MOM) providers on the forum or using the pm system
    · Posting up of sick or perverted images and links that others may find offensives
    · Signatures violations and advertising of any business in the signature or avatar
    "
    Maybe the mods have something to say about that.

I never claimed to be an expert on Cannabis.
    I never hid the fact I haven't grown a single Cannabis plant.
    I am however quite knowledgeable about plants in general thanks to my BSc in plant physiology.

Thank you for showing what kind of a person you are.
    In my book being a nice person takes priority over knowing (or claiming to know) how to grow Cannabis.
    Cheers.

Thanks

tbh i never called you an idiot,a moniker you have awarded to yourself there chap

perhaps the next degree should be in actually doing something instead of remembering words from a book written by someone else

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (01-04-17), Cunning (01-04-17), darkhorse1171 (02-04-17), Ironman (01-04-17)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast