Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hmmmm...what would you do?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,728 Times

Default Hmmmm...what would you do?

So i just looked in my garage and i am thinking about making a groom in there.
    i know its a bit messy just now but that can be sorted easy enough.
    It is attached to next doors garage but they are cool ppl, i still want it to be ultra stealthy and quiet.
    Next.... i have no power in the garage as yet, but i want to run some in there. I know i need armoured cable and it will be run underground.. i had a look and i can lift some paving slabs and trench the cable under them quite easily.
    I have a spare spur on my dizzy board

The one on the left... now am i right in thinking that that side is contolled by the RCD?
    I could do with a bit of advice about the power situation, i learn easily and if its explained to me properly i can take on the job confidently.. im not scared of electricity but i do have a healthy respect for it.
    So any thoughts anyone?..

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

British green (06-04-17), EyeEyePickle (09-04-17), redisiel (02-04-17), Twisted (02-04-17)

Thanks

P.s... i will also get a small disto board to put in the garage so im all protected.. i will want to put a few sockets and a light in the garage as im thinking about having a small workshop in there aswell.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

British green (06-04-17), redisiel (02-04-17), Twisted (02-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

A lovely little project in the making for sure brother can't help much with the leccy and shot but I can wish you luck on the build bro
    Blessings
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (06-04-17), British green (06-04-17), Glynne (02-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

i would imagine you will suffer greatly with damp/condensation/RH problems,those concrete section garages have always played hell with my bikes n lathes etc .

first plan is to cover that i think,investigate ways of stopping the inherrant damp that concrete suffers from.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

British green (06-04-17), Glynne (02-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

no damp in my garage even though the roof leaks at the front. i was going do mine years ago but i'm a do it now or never and the time passed.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post:

British green (06-04-17), ggotch (04-04-17), Glynne (02-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

celotex will be your friend. line it out completely mukka
    only issue here is making a intake and out hole in that concrete i had garage similar and was nightmare just drillin holes through it.

yea mate get a small comsumer unit for garage. you can run it off the spare slot on rcd side. i wud go will a 20amp mcb added on your main board and add on in the consumer unit to. yup you will have run SWA cable. i did similar if you find that thread loft/ attic power.

i put the e.bay number of the consumer unit i bought in that thread aswl. only 7quid like.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

British green (06-04-17), ggotch (02-04-17), Glynne (02-04-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Glynne View Post
    So i just looked in my garage and i am thinking about making a groom in there.
    i know its a bit messy just now but that can be sorted easy enough.
    It is attached to next doors garage but they are cool ppl, i still want it to be ultra stealthy and quiet.
    Next.... i have no power in the garage as yet, but i want to run some in there. I know i need armoured cable and it will be run underground.. i had a look and i can lift some paving slabs and trench the cable under them quite easily.
    I have a spare spur on my dizzy board

The one on the left... now am i right in thinking that that side is contolled by the RCD?
    I could do with a bit of advice about the power situation, i learn easily and if its explained to me properly i can take on the job confidently.. im not scared of electricity but i do have a healthy respect for it.
    So any thoughts anyone?..
    Are you thinking a tent mate or a room?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

British green (06-04-17), Glynne (02-04-17)

Thanks

I was thinking of building a complete room inside the garage out of celotex/kingspan...
    Would be 2m x 3.5m.
    I would do it properly by boarding out with medium thickness marine ply and some sort of damp proofing. With the Celotex aswell, that should help deal with noise.
    Its a concept just now, but i will get on with the power stuff to start.. i want power in the garage with or without a groom in it anyway.
    There is a gap between the roof and the walls that i was thinking of utilising that for either intake or extract...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glynne For This Useful Post:

British green (06-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

Hey Glynne,

Personally I would rearrange that dizzy box in the house, so you have the spare fuse before the RCD ( so move the rcd and everything to its left to the far left side) then stick a 63a fuse in the gap you just made between the RCD and water heater.

From that I would run 8/10mm SWA to an external dizzy box in the garage, the external ones come complete with seals etc, I'd have an RCD in the garage dizzy box.

But that's just me.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

British green (06-04-17), Glynne (11-04-17), walshy (06-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

bit over kill ya not think. 30a on main breaker be enough and 4mm swa be plenty? of course dependin on how many lights but that would do 3 x 600w i would think

10mm will be turnin up to ya house like this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lol.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	343670
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 06-04-17 at 02:36 PM.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

British green (06-04-17), ggotch (06-04-17), Glynne (11-04-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast