Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Novice needing advice & tips (LED based)

Thanks

Someone please tell me if I should be making whole new posts for these questions.

Auto vs Photo...

I like the idea of a quicker grow, but from my research, I also like the idea of a more hardy, potentially better harvest from the photo seed.
    Any thoughts?
    I'm swaying between doing my first as an auto, just to get some percy then do a photo. But then, I'd hate to have my very first a bit of a disappointment. Can I wait I guess is a question I need to answer lol.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ShutTheFunkUp_Donny For This Useful Post:

TheHottDawg (20-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,385 Times

Hi, I completed my 1st grow under a 300w Mars LED. 2X Purple bud in my landing cupboard that is 2ft by 2ft (venting into attic) I didn't train (didn't know how till it was too late) I just topped the main stem once. My yeild was 1.5 ounces in total (not per plant) but it was that strong who cares lol. Super super plastered in tricomes.

This time around I'm using the same set up but training all the stems to flower at the same height by bending down the tallest stems with wires and letting the lower ones catch up. Have also topped each stem. Am hoping to double my yeild this time to 3oz + in total of the same quality smoke. I think I harvested a little to early too so last grow could have been danker but I learned a LOT by my mistakes last time. Happy growing

Thanks

What you mean by the training thing mate? I'm only gonna be doing 1 plant to start with, I'd hope to get least a oz from it!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,557 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ShutTheFunkUp_Donny View Post
    Someone please tell me if I should be making whole new posts for these questions.

Auto vs Photo...

I like the idea of a quicker grow, but from my research, I also like the idea of a more hardy, potentially better harvest from the photo seed.
    Any thoughts?
    I'm swaying between doing my first as an auto, just to get some percy then do a photo. But then, I'd hate to have my very first a bit of a disappointment. Can I wait I guess is a question I need to answer lol.
    I'd probably go with a photoperiod seed for your 1st grow. I'm only on my 3rd grow so don't have a big lot of experience but I think a photo grow will be more forgiving because as mentioned in above posts if you have any kind of problems with your auto it will affect your final result as your plant will need time to recover and that will take away precious time for veg and flower whereas if you went photo and have some issues in veg it's just a case of getting it fixed and giving them an extra week to recover before flip etc.
    Just my opinion fella and good luck with the grow

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHottDawg For This Useful Post:

ShutTheFunkUp_Donny (20-04-17)

Thanks

Pretty much what I was thinking too man. Think its the best way forward for 1st time. Thanks for advice mate!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ShutTheFunkUp_Donny For This Useful Post:

TheHottDawg (20-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,557 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ShutTheFunkUp_Donny View Post
    Pretty much what I was thinking too man. Think its the best way forward for 1st time. Thanks for advice mate!
    No problem fella, I do like the idea of autos because I could then add plants to my room at any stage as lighting schedule stays the same throughout the grow but I want to get comfortable growing photos 1st so that I can make the most out if an auto grow when I get to it lol

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheHottDawg For This Useful Post:

ShutTheFunkUp_Donny (20-04-17)

Thanks

Yeah I know what you mean. They just seem a whole lot more convenient. However, I'm in same boat of thought and wanna get right with the photos before I dabble in the autos

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by UK-MRS View Post
    Hi, I completed my 1st grow under a 300w Mars LED. 2X Purple bud in my landing cupboard that is 2ft by 2ft (venting into attic) I didn't train (didn't know how till it was too late) I just topped the main stem once. My yeild was 1.5 ounces in total (not per plant) but it was that strong who cares lol. Super super plastered in tricomes.

This time around I'm using the same set up but training all the stems to flower at the same height by bending down the tallest stems with wires and letting the lower ones catch up. Have also topped each stem. Am hoping to double my yeild this time to 3oz + in total of the same quality smoke. I think I harvested a little to early too so last grow could have been danker but I learned a LOT by my mistakes last time. Happy growing
    How was the purple bud BTW? Never tried myself and a friend has 3 seeds I could take. Not top of my list of strains though

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4