Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lights out droopage

Thanks

Default Lights out droopage

Ok my ladies almost 3 weeks into flower, she was doing fine until I added a new 400w hps to the tent to replace the 300w cfl. I'm monitoring temps in my tiny 50x50x100 tent, obsessively.

I'm getting them below 30 but some things to do to reduce it further.

Anywho, after the first night 7pm-7am lights on, I peeked (I know it's not safe but I had to find out if she was burned to a crisp or not) she looked wilted.

I sloshed her with water and headed to work. Checked her as soon as lights on and she looked a little dropped but nothing like she looked in the working after the lights had gone off.

Iv been reading a load of stuff, checking everything from temps, to bugs, to rot, to heat. I don't see any heat burn etc, I see no sign of rot, but her soils still damp, no water in last few days at all.

On my reading mission, I'm seeing a lot of people talking about drooping during lights out.

Is this an actual thing, a theory, or confirmed? She's droopy after lights out but seems better by lights on 🤔

I'm still monitoring her soil as it is still damp has been for over a week now, iv poked wholes in the soil, some roots poking through the fabric in the bottom of the smart pot, all look nice white healthy, no slime or smells.

I moved the fan back to blow on the pot so it's getting blasted with fresh air from the vent.

Is this just a light thing, or could it be something else?

The fact I see roots at the top and bottom of her pot ( I added fresh coco to the top to cover her again) I think she's possibly rootbound but I don't know if that's causing the drooping? Being 3 weeks in flower I don't want to stress her by digging her out the pot. I also don't have a larger pot to put her in, was tempted to gently take her out the smart pot, and put her in a pillowcase with fresh coco around her using the pillowcase as a bigger fabric pot?

I don't know what to do, if the drooping thing is normal then I'm stressing for nothing. 🤔

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deadpool For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-17), ggotch (06-04-17)

Hobbit Guest

Hi mate they do droop lights out buy should perk up lights on. You sure its not thirsty, 3 days no water in a root bound pot you say?

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Deadpool (06-04-17), GEORGE (07-04-17), ggotch (06-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

dont know if theres more to yours but its what plants do,during lights out.

try to find a timelapse of plants growing and youll see they droop in dark n lift for light.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Deadpool (06-04-17), GEORGE (07-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Hi mate they do droop lights out buy should perk up lights on. You sure its not thirsty, 3 days no water in a root bound pot you say?
    Her soils is still damp, not wet just damp, can still feel some weight in the pot so she's not bone dry. I think I gave her too much as I was panicking over the heat. She always looks better when the lights come back on.

No signs of burning etc, leaves feel ok not like underwater. Just droopy.

I only think root bound because I could see roots on the surface which are now covered in fresh coco, and when I lifted the pot out the other day I could see her roots poking out the bottom through the fabric, iv not tried to remove the pot to check the root ball. If I have overwatered it's not by much she's not been drenched and never sits in water.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deadpool For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-17)

Hobbit Guest

Any pics??

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-17)

Thanks

My concern is she's hungry, I don't want to risk overwatering even more, but she's needing fed.

Would it be a bad idea to give her maybe 1 Ltr of carefully Ph'd food?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadpool For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-17)

Hobbit Guest

mate I cant answer that , you need to provide more info to get that question answered.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

you shouldnt have to be ph-ing for soil,ph ing can have an unbalancing effect on soil grows.

sounds like maybe potbound but unsure wether its ok to repot during flower as i only do autos and only in airpots(pineapple pots)

someone more knowledgable will be along shortly

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Deadpool (06-04-17), GEORGE (07-04-17)

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    you shouldnt have to be ph-ing for soil,ph ing can have an unbalancing effect on soil grows.

sounds like maybe potbound but unsure wether its ok to repot during flower as i only do autos and only in airpots(pineapple pots)
    I think he is in coco Gotch, he mentions soil then talked about topping with coc so im not too sure.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Deadpool (06-04-17), GEORGE (07-04-17), ggotch (06-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    mate I cant answer that , you need to provide more info to get that question answered.
    I know I'm sorry, I'm getting myself into a tizz. I just don't know what else to check that won't end up stressing her more.

If drooping is normal then I might even be stressing over nothing 😂😂

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Deadpool For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast