Thread: Decent quality soil PH probe needed

Thanks

Default Decent quality soil PH probe needed

Sorry of this has been covered but i can't find much info. I need a decent quality soil PH probe.. do they exist (accurate/quality) & if so where can i get one (UK) ?

cheers

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dupe For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-17), Glynne (07-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

To test soil PH you really need to do a slurry test if you want accuracy...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (06-04-17), Dupe (07-04-17), GEORGE (07-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Dupe View Post
    Sorry of this has been covered but i can't find much info. I need a decent quality soil PH probe.. do they exist (accurate/quality) & if so where can i get one (UK) ?

cheers
    You don't need one mate, The soil buffers the feed/water anyway & even if you did the numbers would often be incorrect..
    Last edited by B.A.BARACUS; 06-04-17 at 10:20 PM.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Dupe (07-04-17), ERBURT (07-04-17), GEORGE (07-04-17), Glynne (07-04-17), mrnice586 (07-04-17), M_C (06-04-17)

Thanks

Ok thanks. So then, any suggestions how I work out what is wrong?

Day 40, 3 x Mephisto Toofless Alien auto's under 200 wall watts of COB, all have what look like a whole load of deficiencies which started 1.5 weeks ago, brown spots, yellow leaves, slow growth etc. 2 more different strain plants next to them are thriving but all receiving the same feed. All in airpots, plagron light mix, AN sensi bloom + Plant Magic Magne cal @ 1ml/L. EC of feed is around 1.6, PH going in is around 7. RH around 60%, temp around 25C. Never had this before.. complete mystery. Flushed them 5 days ago as last resort but still gradually getting worse. Only thing I can think of now is testing the soil as this would give me, I would have thought, an indication of either a lack of or too much feed. Can't take any pics atm. Thanks for any help.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dupe For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (07-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Hard to say, but why are you adding cal/mag.. Did you have a deficiency or did you just add it anyway?.. It can play havoc with roots & cause all sorts of issues and that is why we foliar feed it.

I would start a thread in the infirmary section & you should get better advice in there + you don't need to check ec or ph, that just complicates things as they're for hydro, Sounds like a lockout but without pictures it's going to be hard to diagnose.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Dupe (08-04-17), GEORGE (07-04-17), Greengrass (08-04-17), M_C (08-04-17)

Thanks

Thanks for the advice, yeah should probably start a thread in the infirmary, always a bit paranoid adding pictures though! Added the cal/mag as I thought possibly had a cal deficiency with the brown spots.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dupe View Post

cheers
    Bit late but blue lab do soil ph. Although it isnt really needed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk