Thread: 10" filter to an 8" fan down to 6" ducting ? Lol

Thanks
    Provided Answers: 1

Default Answered: 10" filter to an 8" fan down to 6" ducting ? Lol

Well im due a new carbon filter as mine seems to be fartin out a faint whiff of the goodies. I know someone whos got a brand new 10" long can filter that i can have for pretty much sod all.

Would it have any negative effect on flow, noise or efficiency if i hooked it up to an 8" fan then down to 6" ducting through my hoods an out the room ?

2. "Nah man , thats fine , it will be ok, Best take that reducer , install it on your blower , that way youll get 8" all the way to your filter , always best to have bigger intake then exhaust .

Its ok to put 2 reducers at the blower like this >blower< and not like this <blower> ."

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times
    Provided Answers: 42

Nah man , thats fine , it will be ok, Best take that reducer , install it on your blower , that way youll get 8" all the way to your filter , always best to have bigger intake then exhaust .

Its ok to put 2 reducers at the blower like this >blower< and not like this <blower> .

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

BigShark77 (09-04-17), Huktonfoniks (07-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Nah man , thats fine , it will be ok, Best take that reducer , install it on your blower , that way youll get 8" all the way to your filter , always best to have bigger intake then exhaust .

Its ok to put 2 reducers at the blower like this >blower< and not like this <blower> .
    Cheers Trex !

So it would be ((10" filter))>>((8" inch fan))>>((6" ducting))>>((6" hoods))---((6" duct))>>>>>>out of room

? Lol art at its finest

Thanks

try and put the hood right after carbon filter . Cool tube hood Im guessing ?

Carbon filter >hood>blower >out of room .

Thanks

Nah they are goldstar hoods mate. I was advised to push air through them rather than pull as they arnt 100% air tight so will suck unfiltered smells out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

Trex (07-04-17)

Thanks

Ohh ok then , best do it like that then .