Thread: Seedlings + new to Coco!

Thanks

Default Seedlings + new to Coco!

Hey guys, I've recently started my new seeds ready to get them flowering once the tent has space. My first and current grow is using Canna soil but I've opted to try coco this time round. My seeds have sprouted in coir plugs and I've transplanted them into Coco, but I'm unsure how much I should be watering, and what I should be using at this stage. I've been using a tiny bit of root excel and about 1ml of silicon. I've got an ec pen but haven't checked ec as I've only just got my head around it. Reading around now I'm scared I've overfed. Also my Seedlings stems always seem to look purple for some reason

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 37,976 Times

I wouldn't worry about over feeding too much as I doubt you've actually given them a water with a high Ec as I don't see you mention base nutrients above ?

The first thing to do is test your water from the tap with your Ec meter (This is known as background EC) once you know this itl give you an idea on when and how much to feed.

At this stage a water every other day is enough. Are you ph,ing the water?
    Last edited by Blue; 10-04-17 at 07:21 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Growinggigglebush (10-04-17)

Thanks

I did put some nutrients in last feed, only a drop though. I soon realised I'd messed up, but the next feed I just gave root excel and silicon. I've been ph'ing to 5.8 - 5.9. Just checked my background ec, it's 0.4 straight out the tap. I also tested the leftover from there last water and the ec is 0.7. Been watering every other day so that's good haha

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Growinggigglebush For This Useful Post:

Blue (10-04-17)

Thanks

Ok you need to start to take Ec readings from your feed before watering to avoid any overfeeding. Make your feeds up at 0.1 above your background Ec for the time being, so add your roots excelrator at 0.25ml per litre and a small amount of A and B to take your meter reading up to 0.5. As the plants progress increase your Ec by one point at a time and once well rooted begin a daily water/feed removing any left over water/run off from underneath the pots.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Sweet, thank you! The only reason I wasn't checking ec was because I couldn't understand how it worked but it makes sense now. Only thing is I'm using vitalink coir nutrients which were given to me, so I'd just use that instead of a and b? Not got a lot of spare cash at the moment so using what I can

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Growinggigglebush For This Useful Post:

Blue (10-04-17)

Thanks

If it's the vitalink coir you should have a bottle for grow and a bottle for bloom. Use your grow to replace A and B up until around week 2-3 of flower and then swap it for bloom... If it's the coir max you have, you should have a A and B that suits both grow and bloom.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blue For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank you. Sure the girls will be looking a lot happier soon

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Growinggigglebush For This Useful Post:

Blue (10-04-17)