Thread: Bit of a disaster

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,755 Times

Default Bit of a disaster

My plants are still in veg.

As of 2 days ago, I have started using my brand new widow4 timer contactor.

Went into my room yesterday at 1 pm when lights should be on and they were off. Just thought I must have messed up setting the timer. Went in again today at 1 pm and lights were off.

I think my timer must be sticking so they have had two days with 13 hours dark and 11 hours light.

So where do I go from here? They need at least another 3 weeks veg. Will they have went into flower mode?

How can I check my timer would it be safe to go in when lights out with a torch tonight to check if the timer has moved?

My lights should be off between 10 pm nd 4 am

First grow so a bit sick.
    TO GROW A PLANT YOU NEED TO THINK LIKE A PLANT

2. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Glynne (10-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Check to make sure the time on the timer corresponds to the actual real time then check that all the segments are set correctly...You can add an additional external light as an indicator to see when the room light is on and off or just mount the timer external to the grow area...Also that timer has 2 power supplies, one is for the timer and the other is for the relay or split/shared load, check both the fuses are ok..

Regards BL

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Glynne (10-04-17), M_C (10-04-17), toblue (10-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

have only seen advert for these so dont have knowledge as such but some contactors only use one or two sockets via the timer bit n the rest are normal sockets,is it possible you are plugged into a non-timer controlled socket?

but then i suppose you started with the lights on and its turned off ok,hmm,,ignore me lol.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

Glynne (10-04-17), toblue (10-04-17)

Thanks

The timer is definitely moving. It is working when turned manually. I have changed the on off times by an hour to see if this works I think it has been sticking as soon as the lights go off.

Just re-read your post Bud with you now add an extra light outside the room from the spare socket. Great idea mate.

Do you think the plants will be affected.
    Last edited by toblue; 10-04-17 at 02:22 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Glynne (10-04-17)

Thanks

Think I will put the box outside of the room as well. I was just in a bit of a blind panic and read your post without taking it in.

Thanks again Bud.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Glynne (10-04-17)

Thanks

Should I maybe put the lights on 24/7 for a few days or will this mess them up totally?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to toblue For This Useful Post:

Glynne (10-04-17)

Thanks

Same thing happened again last night, fortunately, I was up at 5 am to switch the lights on. The timer is faulty, as soon as the lights go off it is sticking. More bloody hassle Just hope the plants don't hermie as they have had 2 days on 13/11 and now back to 18/6. Looks like it is going to be a 5am start for me untill I can get a replacement.