Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: confirm my worst fears..

Thanks

my long gone he/she looked as though it had plenty of seeds.. the other lady in the tent seems fine, could there be something in the tent that could cause me issues later on

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. The Following User Says Thank You to biggiebri For This Useful Post:

Glynne (14-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times
    Provided Answers: 36

Check for anything that could have caused stress to her and I'm mean everything. Normally only the stress that affects her is in the flowering period. Anything that pisses her off from light leaks to any training techniques you might have done during flowering. Its like poking your wife with a sharp pointy stick when she's on her flowering time of the month. Temps , light leaks, bugs, over feeding, under watering and so on . Any of these together or on there own can cause a plant to hermie especially if the beans are unstable in the first place.

Sent from a green pleasant land

4. The Following User Says Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

Glynne (14-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times
    Provided Answers: 2

Quote Originally Posted by biggiebri View Post
    my long gone he/she looked as though it had plenty of seeds.. the other lady in the tent seems fine, could there be something in the tent that could cause me issues later on

Yeah if the hermie has already fertilized your other lady. Keep a close eye on her. Did you closely go over your hermie after you removed it for open pollen sacks?

Personally, I'd put a bag over your lady, carefully remove it from the grow area and thoroughly decontaminate your grow space then put her back. There could be pollon all over your grow space on the cracks of your machinery in the stitching or weave of your tent. Especially if you brushed or shook the hermie removing it. Did you cover the hermie when you removed it?
    Last edited by FunkyB; 13-04-17 at 02:04 PM.
    Sent using a rudimentary device
    https://s32.postimg.org/5nlg414id/bunt_funk.jpg
    Current Grow:Super Critical Bud CBD. Diary here
    Last Grow: Green Love Potion & BlackJack
    Completed Diary: Cali Orange, Coco here.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

biggiebri (13-04-17), Glynne (14-04-17)

Thanks

I believe pollen only lives for four days or so and then it becomes none viable. The hermie would have already done the damage and it wouldn't happen later on so to speak

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

biggiebri (13-04-17), Glynne (14-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    I believe pollen only lives for four days or so and then it becomes none viable. The hermie would have already done the damage and it wouldn't happen later on so to speak

Didn't realise the thread was a few days old, still, there's still time for air circulation to free some trapped pollen and do some damage. I'd still clean it personally.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

biggiebri (13-04-17), British green (13-04-17), Glynne (14-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyB View Post
    Didn't realise the thread was a few days old, still, there's still time for air circulation to free some trapped pollen and do some damage. I'd still clean it personally.
    Cleanliness is key to a good grow like sterile conditions myself.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

biggiebri (13-04-17), Glynne (14-04-17), M_C (13-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by British green View Post
    Cleanliness is key to a good grow like sterile conditions myself.

I like your style.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

biggiebri (13-04-17), British green (13-04-17), Glynne (14-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyB View Post
    Yeah if the hermie has already fertilized your other lady. Keep a close eye on her. Did you closely go over your hermie after you removed it for open pollen sacks?

Personally, I'd put a bag over your lady, carefully remove it from the grow area and thoroughly decontaminate your grow space then put her back. There could be pollon all over your grow space on the cracks of your machinery in the stitching or weave of your tent. Especially if you brushed or shook the hermie removing it. Did you cover the hermie when you removed it?
    mate, I did none of those things and as it's been days since it happened I'm kinda thinking IF it's happened it's not much I can do now.
    I can only hope and fingers crossed lol..when the tent is empty I'll give it a good clean as I usually do anyway, makes sure there's no pesky pests lurking to appear later lol

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to biggiebri For This Useful Post:

FunkyB (13-04-17), Glynne (14-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biggiebri View Post
    mate, I did none of those things and as it's been days since it happened I'm kinda thinking IF it's happened it's not much I can do now.
    I can only hope and fingers crossed lol..when the tent is empty I'll give it a good clean as I usually do anyway, makes sure there's no pesky pests lurking to appear later lol

I'd set some more seeds off if I was you to fall back on. Can you set up a cfl area while you see how your lady develops?

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

biggiebri (05-05-17), Glynne (14-04-17)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4