Thread: Seedling

Thanks

Default Seedling

Hey so here is info, I'm using two 5 gallon buckets one is autoflower greencrack 3 days old which is doing great so far and the other one is a auto white widow which is the problematic one it had shell stuck to it yesterday when it emerged so I put two drops of water on it and 15 mins later it finally came loose so I touched it and it fell off np there but I don't see any leaves I will post pic of it right after shell came off which was around 2 pm it is now midnight and I have a pic posted of it now it gained a little height but still no leaves ? Also enclosed is a pic of the auto green crack...soil is just natural potting mix only added perlite , nutes are espoma nutes for veg and another for flower but I'm not using any nutes yet want to wait at Least till veg to add nutes but soil says it organically feeds up to 3 months so not exactly keen on adding any right now, it's in a closet with no ventilation I have had to make my own ventilation by cracking door and using box fan in top of closet and small oscillating fan at bottom , lights are 150 w cfl and 100w cfl over greencrack auto as well as an extra 100w cfl but don't use it for temp reasons over the autowhitewidow is two 100 w cfl , temps range from 75 to 79 depending on time of day I've heard I could go to 85 f but I don't want to lol because they seem ok at Least the greencrack does and the white widow seems to be better after kicking the shell but just won't leaf up? Any ideas? Also I understand I should have intakes exhaust hps or led and lots of other name brand things cut me some slack there please lol first time and can't exactly invest all that yet , in the future for sure, thnx all enjoy the rest of your day looking forward to hearing from ya.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170410_113040.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	344011   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170411_014728.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	82.2 KB 
ID:	344012   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170411_014823.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	344013   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170411_014404.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	344014   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170411_014422.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	344015  
    Last edited by stillrespect1111; 11-04-17 at 08:01 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to stillrespect1111 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Here is the greencrack auto that didn't have shell stuck

Name:	20170411_014556.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	344016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170411_014623.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	344017  

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stillrespect1111 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Any advice tips on when to put my mutes into action would be helpful as well, again soil is called just natural and says feeds up to 3 months organically.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stillrespect1111 For This Useful Post:

Bulls Guest

Can't advise you on feeding on soil mate but I assume you need to give her water only so far as there will be some nutes in that soil already.
    Also..give them some time to grow man Keep them warm and high humidity. You can pot domes over them for a coupe of days..0.5l bottle cut in half will do the job usually

MrChedHead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stillrespect1111 View Post
    Any advice tips on when to put my mutes into action would be helpful as well, again soil is called just natural and says feeds up to 3 months organically.
    Wait until you start to them paling then go in with the nutes

Thanks

Ok do you think the one that had shell stuck will open leaves

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

The one that had the shell will open, infact, id be surprised if it hasn't done it already, its been a few hours since you started this thread.

I have read that the inside of the shells have some kind of chemical which inhibits growth, which I have seen when the shells stick to the ends because they leave little yellow tips on the ends on the leaves for a couple of days. So I always try to remove the shells asap. Be super careful, if you pull those little round leaves off (cotyledon's) you have ruined the seedling, and you have to make sure you dont pull it out of the soil and ruin the baby little tap root.

Next time, plant your seed a little deeper, and you wont get this problem.

Also I can not see your pictures so well, next time try placing a piece of white paper behind your seedlings so its easier to see.

Thanks

The seed bound one opened up yay

Name:	20170411_101658.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	344034  

Thanks

You were right on the money Tom king it had the yellowish tip and this morning I went in their and it was bright green and opened up, new to this but I'm guessing each strain has a diff color because the white widow is more bright green seedling and the greencrack is more medium green , thanx for the tip on pics using cell, ill remember that in the future