Thread: Drying in loft?

Thanks

Default Drying in loft?

Hey chaps, will finally be getting my first grow underway in the next couple of weeks which will be an outdoor grow in a greenhouse therefore i will not have as controlled a room as a grow tent indoors with proper extractors.

So my question is, when im all done and have some glorious buds is it safe and wise to dry my green in my loft? Thinking of the cardboard box method in the loft which should allow decent airflow and pretty good temps as my loft is fricking warm!

Any help would be great, want as much info before starting to prevent mishaps! 😀 Ta, LG

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

A lot depends on your location & when you will be drying her...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

Thanks

Understandable, but im worried about them becoming mouldy in the loft? Problem is i dont have anywhere else to dry them when the time comes really. ��

Dont want my first crop to be ruined haha thanks for reply ��

Thanks

If your RH is kept low and air flow ok you should be safe. The danger comes with foggy/drizzly weather when humidity is very high. If humidity did get to high a small fan heater in the loft and air flow over buds should keep RH low enough to prevent mould.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 26,716 Times

Personally, I would invest in a tent to allow you to dry properly. Not point in spending all that time & effort to grow them glorious buds, just to stick them in the loft in boxes. You'll need an extraction fan with a filter to scrub the smell, & a smaller desk fan to recirculate the air, but not blowing directly on the buds. £120 all in.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

"A word to the wise isn't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice."

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Loki For This Useful Post:

BING (12-04-17), ERBURT (12-04-17), LG27 (12-04-17), M_C (11-04-17), toblue (13-04-17), Type M (15-04-17)

Thanks

Sounds like a plan, need to get a socket put in loft though. Ill get onto it! ��

What about an intake fan then, to get air into the tent? Thanks for your help

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 11,179 Times

Passive intake should be ok tbh. A lot of growers don't even use intake fans.

Sent from Compton

Ez DuZ iT

Shout out to the Boss Man Erburt!
    [CENTER] "Lol if you aint got a shitty plant once in a while you ain't growing"

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

What Loki said... don't do it without good airflow & a carbon filter. It'll be easier to control the drying environment if you have a tent