Thread: EC levels in coco

Thanks

Default EC levels in coco

Hi just wondering how much feed people start off with when growing in coco. Also at what point do you start using feed? right from when the seed pops out of the jiffy or wait until the sugar leafs start to discolor?

This is what i was intending to start off

Veg

Week1 0.4ec Cana coco a + b, rhizotonic
    week2 0.6ec cana coco a + b, rhizotonic
    week3 0.8ec cana coco a + b, rhizotonic
    week4 1.0ec cana coco a + b, rhizotonic

Flower

week1 1.0ec cana coco a + b, rhizotonic
    week2 1.2ec cana coco a + b, big bud
    week3 1.4ec cana coco a + b, big bud
    week4 1.5ec cana coco a + b, big bud
    week5 1.6ec cana coco a + b, pk13/14
    week6 1.6ec cana coco a + b, overdrive
    week7 1.6ec cana coco a + b, overdrive
    week8 flush.

Does this look ok? or do i need to make some adjustments?

cheers

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mrgreen69 For This Useful Post:

Type M (12-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

Personally I wait for the first couple of nodes, or there about's, If the plant starts to pale and I hadn't fed them yet, then I would start there.

Also I don't have experience with all the products listed, but I do know that while that plan looks fine, different plants will have different needs, even within strains and even very occasionally with clones. Your plants will tell you what they want, this shows you realise you need to step up the strength of the feed throughout its life, but you will find your swing soon enough with it. Just watch the plants carefully, don't react too quickly, make sure you are sure what is wrong before you treat for it.

Also, my feed looks like this.

Veg (All shogun nutes starting with 0.4 EC work up as the plant asks for more food.)

Week1 Coco A & B, Calmag, silicon, katana roots
    week2 Coco A & B, Calmag, silicon, katana roots ,
    week3 Coco A & B, Calmag, silicon, katana roots
    week4 Coco A & B, Calmag, silicon, katana roots

Flower (very low Rhizo)

week1 Coco A & B, Calmag, silicon, katana roots, sumo boost
    week2 Coco A & B, Calmag, silicon, katana roots, sumo boost
    week3 Coco A & B, Calmag, silicon, katana roots, sumo boost
    week4 Coco A & B, Calmag, silicon, katana roots, sumo boost, pk 9/18
    week5 Coco A & B, Calmag, silicon, katana roots, sumo boost, pk 9/18
    week6 Coco A & B, Calmag, silicon, katana roots, sumo boost, pk 9/18
    week7 Coco A & B, Calmag, silicon, katana roots, sumo boost, pk 9/18
    week8 Sumo boost, dragon force
    week9 RO water.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

greengiant (12-04-17), happyjack (12-04-17), mrgreen69 (12-04-17), Type M (12-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,352 Times

You can't plan or predict EC levels . As Tom said - let the plant tell you when it's hungry. You're starting on a nice & low EC which is good.

I'd also add liquid silicon to your schedule, it's very beneficial

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Type M For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (12-04-17), greengiant (12-04-17), joker_the_smoker (12-04-17), mrgreen69 (12-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

like said above go off how they look

just start 0.2 above your background ec and take it from there. you can check the run off ec and see how close your getting to what going in. if you can match it you have found the sweet spot for them, if its much lower than whats going in then they hungry, higher be to much.

keep calmag out the feed and foliar spray them twice in veg, this will help reduce salt levels in root zone, and like type M said get some silicon in there to, start that when the 2nd set of true leaves appear at 0.5ml-L

And rhizo or katana roots or whatever you decide to use can be dropped 2nd week of flower as it just a waste as the plants will focus on bud production not root production

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (12-04-17), mrgreen69 (12-04-17), Type M (12-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joker_the_smoker View Post
    like said above go off how they look

just start 0.2 above your background ec and take it from there. you can check the run off ec and see how close your getting to what going in. if you can match it you have found the sweet spot for them, if its much lower than whats going in then they hungry, higher be to much.

keep calmag out the feed and foliar spray them twice in veg, this will help reduce salt levels in root zone, and like type M said get some silicon in there to, start that when the 2nd set of true leaves appear at 0.5ml-L

And rhizo or katana roots or whatever you decide to use can be dropped 2nd week of flower as it just a waste as the plants will focus on bud production not root production

So dont use calmag? when you say foliar do you mean spray the leafs with something like nitrozyme?

cheers

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mrgreen69 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (12-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreen69 View Post
    So dont use calmag? when you say foliar do you mean spray the leafs with something like nitrozyme?

cheers
    no matey instead of putting the calmag in with your feed use it as a foliar spray during veg.

this is the way i do it..

4.5litres water in a bucket, add one table spoon epsom salts in, give it good stir.

take out 1litre with your jug ( rest in the bucket can be poured down drain)

add 2-4ml calmag in your litre jug of epsom water. then pour in to spray bottle. give leaves good blast and underneath, have lights raised high as you can and do this when the lights are switched on as the stomata in the leaves wil be open when the lights are on

i usually do this couple times in veg dues to low back ground EC i have, i tend to do it every10 days to 2weeks

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (12-04-17), FunkyB (12-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreen69 View Post

cheers
    He means use a calmag foliar spray to get the calmag in to the plant. That would work, foliar feeding is the quickest way to get nutrients in to the plants. Personally i just go with 1ml per litre in my feed.

BUT

With calmag you are looking for what the plants wants, this is the most inmportant thing. if the stems start going red, then you will need to add cal mag. (there are other symptoms, but this is the most common)
    canna a&b doesn't recommend calmag, but I would 100% get a bottle in. Some plants want loads of cal mag, some are happy with what comes out of the tap/is in the main feed. I use RO water so have to add it.

Thanks

1.6 is too high fella. What i do is feed, feed, low ec flush. So i still feed on the 3rd watering but use a small ec.

Keep it at about 1.2 above your background.

Ec can climb in coco pretty fast and build up salts. Iv only done a few coco grows tho so im no expert.

But i have tried to feed 1.6ish on my monster plant and got early signs of nutrient burn.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrnice586 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (12-04-17), TomKing (12-04-17)