Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dwc issue 3 weeks flower

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

Default Dwc issue 3 weeks flower

Hi guys.

I'm getting a slight issue with one of my plants.

I'm in rdwc using GH three part, silicon, great white.

My Ec is at 1.2 and my ph was at 5.8 but seems to be dropping for the last week. Roots seem fine and no nasty smells.
    Res temps are at 18-19 always.
    Air temps are 18 night and 24 day in the shAde.

I'm under 2 X 600 hps in a 1.2 tent and they're about 16" off the plants.

My background Ec is 0.3 and I'm not using calmag.

Could it be camlag? Is 0.3 too low? I've checked my local water and 95% of that 0.3 is calmag.

I don't want to up the Ec or add calmag if it's the wrong thing to do.

My ph never goes past 6.0. Should I let it?

Any help much appreciated.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (14-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Hi Gg.. I would reset ph to 5.5/6 & them let her drift up to 6.2, That will ensure a good uptake of essentials i.e cal & Mag.. After a while you should find the ph will stabilize as the plant/s get bigger..

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

British green (17-04-17), ggotch (19-04-17), muddywaters (22-04-17), redisiel (14-04-17), SmobyToker#1 (16-04-17), Trex (21-04-17)

Thanks

Thanks BA.

My plant is huge mate. Inch diameter stalk and three weeks into flower so no more growing as such, just flowering.

I always have my ph between 5.7-6 but this week it's been dropping which hasn't happened before.

Would people say that my background Ec of 0.3 is too low for calmag content?

My GH Nutes list calmag on them so I don't want to dose it with more if that's wrong.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (19-04-17), muddywaters (22-04-17), redisiel (14-04-17), SmobyToker#1 (16-04-17)

Thanks

I should of added that this issue is only effecting leaves directly under one of the lights. It's 14" away (600w)

Temps are fine but could the intensity be too much?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

redisiel (14-04-17), SmobyToker#1 (16-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Yes it could be too intense. Does weird things to leaves, looks like defs creeping in too much light can.

Is it mostly older leafs that have that. ?? No harm in a foliar feed of calmag if you have it. Put a few drops of sticking agent or wash up liquid in to a litre Luke warm water. I think dosage for most brands is around 2 ml, but the k it forst. Only spray plants, don't put it through as a drench. If it is may then you would expect that to stop progressing,. It affected leaves stay as they are.
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

muddywaters (22-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,224 Times

Quote Originally Posted by greengiant View Post
    Thanks BA.

My plant is huge mate. Inch diameter stalk and three weeks into flower so no more growing as such, just flowering.

I always have my ph between 5.7-6 but this week it's been dropping which hasn't happened before.

Would people say that my background Ec of 0.3 is too low for calmag content?

My GH Nutes list calmag on them so I don't want to dose it with more if that's wrong.

I'm pretty sure the feed schedule they go on is based on using RO water so if you have a background EC of 0.3 you might find you need it in lower doses than it says on the feed guide. Typically cal mag issues would have shown up before now if it was a feed issue. So I'd also say start by lowering PH to 5.5 and let it drift up to 6.2 and if the problem persits then add additional cal mag.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ReeferDankness For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (19-04-17), FlemZ (23-04-17), muddywaters (22-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

How's the plant looking Gg.. The leaf in the picture looks like early calcium def & it would of probably developed rust spots if left in tact.. I think a drop of Ec to 1.0 & ph 5.5/6 would get her feeding properly & in turn getting the desired swings.. She could be simply spitting nutes out because the waters hot.. Also I think a good spray of Es in veg and one 10 days into 12/12 Will give the plant a better chance of not getting into any problems later on in flower...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

muddywaters (22-04-17), SmobyToker#1 (23-04-17), Trex (21-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by B.A.BARACUS View Post
    How's the plant looking Gg.. The leaf in the picture looks like early calcium def & it would of probably developed rust spots if left in tact.. I think a drop of Ec to 1.0 & ph 5.5/6 would get her feeding properly & in turn getting the desired swings.. She could be simply spitting nutes out because the waters hot.. Also I think a good spray of Es in veg and one 10 days into 12/12 Will give the plant a better chance of not getting into any problems later on in flower...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Hey ba.

I've lifted my lights and I added 0.2 Ec of calmag to my res. I don't really want to finish feed this far into flower incase it effects the smoke.

I've also taken the advice of dropping the ec to 1.1 as my ph was dropping like a lead balloon overnight.

I reckon it was heat / light stress to be honest.

It's not getting worse now and like you say a calmag issue would of shown in veg as they were huge thirsty plants before flip.

I also noticed I'm using hardwater Nutes in soft water. Total hydro noob mistake lol. Anyway the extra calmag seems to have helped.

Thanks for all the input guys. Great help from the team as always.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (21-04-17), muddywaters (22-04-17), SmobyToker#1 (23-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Hey GG , general rule of hydro , when Ec goes up and Ph right down , too high nutes , plant only uptake water and reects the nutes making the e.c climb .

tbh , that looked like the very early stage of magnesium deff .

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

muddywaters (22-04-17), SmobyToker#1 (23-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Hey GG , general rule of hydro , when Ec goes up and Ph right down , too high nutes , plant only uptake water and reects the nutes making the e.c climb .

tbh , that looked like the very early stage of magnesium deff .
    Thanks trex.

It was the Ec buddy. I've dropped to 1.1 and still lowering it towards 1.0 with plain water top ups.

I also lifted my lights and added calmag to my res (included in the 1.1 ec)

They are piling on bud and doing well.

Ph is still drifting up very slightly but as my ec drops this week I hope to find the sweet spot.

I'm not sure on the calmag deficiency though. My plants vegged to a considerable size before I flowered and I didn't use any calmag at all. Just my background ec of 0.33.

Can anyone confirm whether plants use more or less calmag in flower than in veg? That would probably help me to know if it's even needed.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

muddywaters (22-04-17), SmobyToker#1 (23-04-17), Trex (21-04-17)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast