Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Great White and RDWC

Thanks

Default Great White and RDWC

Well im about to embark on another venture, toying with mainlining again, and i thought id give it a go with some great white and knock the h2o2 on the head. Ive not needed the h2o2 in the past, but used it sparingly.

I run a pretty big chiller (hailea 500) and when my system is full, its probably rocking 170-180 liters of water, with spray bars, 7000lp water pump, and waiting on a 80lpm air pump.

Has anyone had any grows using great white in a full hydro system ?

I figure a microherd is going to be way more benefecial than nuking everything with h2o2.

My nutes and additives are:

Ionic 1 part hydro grow & bloom
    RAW Silica
    RAW B-vits
    RAW Omina
    RAW Yucca
    RAW N/P/K ( seperate nutes )
    Green Planet Massive
    I dont have an all in 1 npk bottle as of yet, but hammerhead 4/10 is getting mentioned a lot

So any objections on going ahead with the great white with any of the stuff i have on the shelf ?

What are the do's and donts for what to and not to add to the rez ?

Should i mix into rez or brew a tea ?

Any Enzymes work with great white ?

Anything that would help me not breed a legion of root rapists basically. Not done anything yet as jt wont be here till tomorrow.

Cheers guys

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (19-04-17), skunkby (12-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Its hard to say.

I prefer to just use mine as an occasional root drench rather than introduce it to the system.
    The more things you add can cause its own problems.

When there is a lot of water movement a not very nice looking froth can develop too.

Im not saying dont do it though,it may work for you.

Good luck

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (19-04-17), British green (22-04-17), Dazmandaz (19-04-17), Fairy (19-04-17), ggotch (19-04-17), Huktonfoniks (19-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bethmeg View Post
    Its hard to say.

I prefer to just use mine as an occasional root drench rather than introduce it to the system.
    The more things you add can cause its own problems.

When there is a lot of water movement a not very nice looking froth can develop too.

Im not saying dont do it though,it may work for you.

Good luck
    Thanks Beth ! When you say root drench, you just top feed through the medium occasionally ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (19-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 29,329 Times

Orca works wonders in the Dwc systems mate and I think I remember it working out a bit cheaper
    Blessings brother
    Redz
    NO-TILL Gardening with REDZ

REDZ BUILDS LIVING SOIL!!!

Redz & Ironjustice Do super lemon haze in rdwc for GWP

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...n-rdwc-for-GPW(COMPLETE)
    LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to redisiel For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (19-04-17), ggotch (19-04-17), Huktonfoniks (19-04-17), joker_the_smoker (19-04-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

Orca is just great white mixed in water as far as I know.

I'm using great white in my rdwc and I'm 4 weeks into flip with healthy plants and roots.

No idea if it helps as its my first rdwc but it seems to help the plants grow huge root systems.

I did also brush it directly onto the roots when I moved into my main system so that the spores could germinate and get into the roots.

Now I just Add half a teaspoon one day after my res change. I use tap water so it allows the chlorine to piss off before I add the benies.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

Bethmeg (19-04-17), Dazmandaz (19-04-17), Huktonfoniks (19-04-17), joker_the_smoker (19-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,812 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Huktonfoniks View Post
    Thanks Beth ! When you say root drench, you just top feed through the medium occasionally ?
    Yes thats what I mean dear.

I forgot about the orca that reds mentioned Iv used that in the past.

I cant really say whether it made any difference though.

I use just a food and drain system so no airstones or gushing water,Iv used great white in the system but seem to get a slime coating in the res with it,This slime doesnt seem to hurt anything I just dont like having it there which is why I prefer the odd drench.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bethmeg For This Useful Post:

Huktonfoniks (20-04-17)

Thanks

Ive been reading up on it, mixed reviews ob brewing it for a day or 2 before adding to the red or drenching. Thoughts ?

My great white came yesterday but they sent me a 1oz instead of the 4oz I ordered, sorted it out sharpish though. Itching to do something with it lol.

Thanks

Little update. I made up a concoction of a tea, dunno if it will be ok so I'm asking before I smack them with it tomoz.

I took 10 litres of water and bubbled it for 24 hours. Added 1 scoop of great white, 4ml of root accelerator, 10ml of rhizo, 1/10th teaspoon of raw kelp powder, and a quarter teaspoon of blackstrap melted in hot water. Been bubbling for 12 hours or so now.

Is this gonna be ok ?

And as phosphorous is bad for the microbes, how shall I ph down this ?

Phew, been a busy day, sorting and tidying wires, ballast and putting a new air pump and 2 x maxibright horizon reflectors in ( cracking little units btw ). I need a beer, a bifter and a happy ending now

Cheers folks.

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

I'm far from experienced with rdwc but I would steer away from putting molasses in my res.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

Huktonfoniks (21-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greengiant View Post
    I'm far from experienced with rdwc but I would steer away from putting molasses in my res.

That's what I thought, but been googling all day about it. As it's such a small amount it " shouldn't " be a problem, it's just something to give the little critters a kick start. I'm going to be using it as a root drench while the root ball is still manageable. Lift them out, dunk in the tea and return to the system with a little top drench. I'll only be adding great white to the system with a little root accelerator and rhizo.

I also found a bag of Extreme Gardening Mykos Innoculant tea bags that I forgot about. Gonna pop them in the tea for an hour before I use it as well I think. Fuck it, there will be more goodies than baddies.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast