Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Great White and RDWC

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,576 Times

bud candy will work good in the rdwc for the critters. everyone is saying the new roots accelerator isnt any good. whats your thoughts on it huktonfoniks? i got a sample of it from H&G but have yet to use it.

When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

2018 Outdoor extravaganza https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...r-extravaganza

2017 outdoor guerilla grow https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tdoor-escapade

2016 guerilla grow finished https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...adventure-2016

2. The Following User Says Thank You to kyg For This Useful Post:

Huktonfoniks (22-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kygiacomo View Post
    bud candy will work good in the rdwc for the critters. everyone is saying the new roots accelerator isnt any good. whats your thoughts on it huktonfoniks? i got a sample of it from H&G but have yet to use it.
    Cheers for that but, didn't think about that

I've had this bottle about a year and it hasn't had the pleasure of gracing my current system.

I used it on my first rdwc system an it coated everything, but I was putting really heavy doses in. I have the gold bottle, is that the new version ?

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

To me it seems an unnecessary risk as the gains are minimal when the plants grow so fast in this sort of system anyway.

Ill be interested to hear how you get on though buddy. I've read so many diaries that have gone bad due to using organics in dwc.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

British green (22-04-17), Dazmandaz (29-04-17), Huktonfoniks (22-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 66,662 Times

I'm a strong believer when it comes to dwc that having anything other than your plants roots alive in your res . It should be sterile imho

Sent from a green pleasant land

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to British green For This Useful Post:

greengiant (22-04-17), Huktonfoniks (22-04-17)

Thanks

Cheers for the input guys. I lightly dusted the roots with some GW yesterday, and I've gave them a top feed and a root drench in the tea today. Nothing to report yet. Dosed my res with 2tsp of RAW bvits and Amino acids today as my postman was kind enough to delivery my 8oz of each, 6 mini hygroneters, and some 58% boveda packs.

Res is steady at 500ppm, 5.7ph, 18 degrees. No foam, smells and water is still crystal clear.

The Waterfarm is still getting clay dust in the res, filled and emptied it twice today and gave the black domains a good top drench with tea. And removed that inspection tube and replaced with a water outlet compression fitting, attached some poor and a tap, and a maxijet 1000 on the end. Empty into a bucket and filling from my rdwc from now on, easy peasy

Will update

Thanks

This will be an interesting one for sure. I always thought that putting carbohydrates into your res is just fuel for nasties and can create froth which is a big problem as it breeds bacteria.

Maybe when I have a chiller I will mess about with things.

I may even setup a side by side rdwc and run one sterile and one with benies to test them together.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

Huktonfoniks (23-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greengiant View Post
    This will be an interesting one for sure. I always thought that putting carbohydrates into your res is just fuel for nasties and can create froth which is a big problem as it breeds bacteria.

Maybe when I have a chiller I will mess about with things.

I may even setup a side by side rdwc and run one sterile and one with benies to test them together.

Been doing a lot of reading up on it mate, I think it's a case of developing a colony of healthy bacteria first with the molasses, in a seperate container ( made a tea in a bucket ) and getting as much of it into the root system as possible, top feeding, root ball dipping into tea, and a scoop of GW once a week or fortnight into the res to keep the colony refreshed. I myself havnt introduced any molasess into the res as that gives me the heeby jeebys.

I've got 2 big thermos flasks full of the tea for dosing every couple of days. I'm hoping that the symbiotic relationships between all these beneficials helps with health and nute/water uptake and conversion.

Everything looking fine still, the water farm is a bit of a pain. Regular nute changes are getting on my nerves a bit, gonna try figure out plumbing it into my res lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

British green (26-04-17)

Thanks

I do use great white once it twice a week but I wouldn't know enough to know whether I'm making good or bad stuff in my brews. I'd end up killing off my plants I think.

Maybe worth messing in a single bubbler though.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

i use AN carboload but mix it with warm water first help disolve it / thin it down.
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

Thanks

Everything is still good in the hood. Continuing to top feed. Not put any in the res yet. But im going to put a scoop of GW in shortly.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Huktonfoniks For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (29-04-17), greengiant (29-04-17), redisiel (29-04-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast