Thread: Mold forcing early harvest....

Thanks

Question Mold forcing early harvest....

Have got three plants, 2 x Himalaya Gold and 1 x Daddy's Girl. Moved them back into the greenhouse last weekend. I'm away all week and can't rely on the wife to do more than water or water and feed them. Low and behold, the HG's have about 5-10% bud rot. Have vigorously cut it all out. According to the various seed merchants, indoor harvest time is 8-10 weeks but don't know for outdoor. They started flowering about 4.5 / 5 weeks ago. Should I chop now even though I haven't got 80% amber or hang on.....? The DG seems to be fine for the moment.
    "When you climb to the top of the mountain
    Look out over the sea
    Think about the places perhaps, where a young man could be......"
    It Aint Easy - Bowie

Thanks

depends what the weather is like tbh you can look at a week weather forecast online or you could put them indoors for the remaining time. i had an outdoor grow that got fucked by mould so i had to harvest early but yours is in a greenhouse so i say wait it out. good luck

samhain Guest

Angry

Not so good getting budrot i'm sorry to hear . if they have been outside all season i'd say there more than 4/5 W , more like 7 starting from around the beginning of sept , depending on location .. Luckily you have the greenhouse , keep the munidity down if possable . If it continues to rott chop it . Mold spores are dangerous to smoke , and you might have to be looking at making oil .

Thanks

I feel for you mate..
    I've got 8 sativas out and all are showing rot.. I put the ones in pots in the greenhouse and sprayed with rotstop (Which was a waste of time, looks like they are worse now)

I have 2 in the ground and they don't look 1/2 as bad as the ones I put in the greenhouse.

Shitty weather...

Thanks

Chopped my two himalaya golds yesterday. Dunno if the pistles hadn't come out or, to the naked eye were a bit sparse. The majority I could see, even with a fairly shit magnifying glass were brown. Anyway, I reckon I lost about 10 - 15% through rot. Hope I haven't cross contaminated the rest.... One good thing, and a QA test to boot: I scraped the resin off my left hand and off the scissors and made a J. Quality stone with no apparent bad taste or chest pain; if the weed dries and cures OK and the stone's like the fresh resin then I'll be happy enough.

The other plant, the daddy's girl, did have some rot. Had to cut off a big fat cola... the rest seems OK and I've foliar watered with a solution of bordeaux mixture. Fingers crossed!

samhain Guest

Oh man crap crap and more crap cutting off a big main cola .
    I'm still advising caution on smoking mold spores tho ..
    Check out these fool's making BHO
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJ1-vizulS4&feature=rec-LGOUT-exp_stronger_r2-HM"]YouTube - How to make Honey "hash" Oil[/ame]
    Or google rick simpson , run from the cure , for an insight .
    Be cautious while working with flamabble's tho . take all advice on using in a well vented area .
    I might be making BHO if i have mold . Need to check them down the wood's . Soon .