Thread: New Room Setup

Thanks

Default New Room Setup

Yo. Waddup y'all??

Quick question...... I currently have a 1.2 square by 2.0m high tent with a 600w hps and it works a treat. Setting up something next to it but due to space issues i can only get an 800mm square by 1.6m high tent in there. Should i get another 600w in it or do you reckon i could get away with a 400w?

Spanks Muchly

Morch!

Hobbit Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Morch View Post
    Yo. Waddup y'all??

Quick question...... I currently have a 1.2 square by 2.0m high tent with a 600w hps and it works a treat. Setting up something next to it but due to space issues i can only get an 800mm square by 1.6m high tent in there. Should i get another 600w in it or do you reckon i could get away with a 400w?

Spanks Muchly

Morch!
    600 s gunna get hot in there and seems a waste tbh. Personally id do a 250, but i have a fondness for the 250.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

80x80x160? A 400w is doable - a 250w would be a lot easier though
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Would 250 really be enough? I'd be doing two plants probs but i keep them real low. I just super crop and scrog the crap out of my plants so that they are proper low but loads of tops. Just worried that 250 wouldn't be enough.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,883 Times

Good question!

If it helps any, the 'holy grail' of growing is 1 gram per watt of lighting. For a 250w bulb that equals to slightly under 9 ounce & for a 400w bulb, slightly over 14 ounce (600w = just over 21 ounce). I know people that exceeds these figures, but they are the few...

So, now those figures are out of the way, the next figure is how much you need to grow That is the important number as it influences all the other numbers too

Long ramble mode coming.... I blame the drugs!

A year ago I bought a 600w dimmable ballast. My intention was to run 400w & aim for 600w if I could control the temps. My previous ballast was a 250w magnetic one.

(Trying to condense a long story) The new ballast packed up & I had to buy a new one.... the new one I then bought was a 250w dimmable ballast with super lumen (150w, 175w, 250w, 275w). My reasoning?

I smoke about an ounce a month, sometimes a little more.... so, call it, for expediency, 16 ounce a year. If I used a 600w bulb (assuming I could control the heat in my room) I'd only have to do a single grow every 14/18 month... and hobbiests can't just play once a year & a bit

The outdoor growers here tend to go flat out for maximum that can be achieved as there is huge risk with out door, but indoor, I favour 1, maybe 2 small plants on a perpetual cycle but also having a little down time each year, and that is me easily sorted

So, I suppose what I'm saying is, look at the results you need & work back from there

7. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Hobbit Guest

Id do one plant in that space mate. If its done right its ample

Thanks

sounds nice m8

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

I use a 250 in a 60x60x140 for two plants. It works. 400 would probably be fine if you can control the heat.