Thread: when to pot up and when not to pot up ! that is the question

Thanks

Default when to pot up and when not to pot up ! that is the question

Ola Ladies and Gents !

Having my yearly pop into the green arts and just wondering if anyone has any solid advice on when to pot up ? From experience i have gone from small 1ltr pots to a 5 ltr and on to a bigger say 10ltr pot - also gone from small seedling straight to a massive pot ! and results always end the same ........ plenty of pot ! My old mum always used to say that you should never put a plant in pot thats to big for, or it will stretch - i kind of agree but with all the genetics being bespoke now is this such an issue ? I currently have my DP Auto mazars in 8cm fibre pots and eventually going into some new 10ltr air pots ( check them out if you not seen them ! ) Just want to see the general feel from people as i don't want to slow the process to much by stressing and re potting ! they will all be going into Canna Terra as used it loads and love the results ! Have used some special root enhancing powder this year and planning on putting them under LED for 2 weeks ! expecting good times again this year !

Will post some nice updates as we go !

Happy days

Beefrisk

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beefrisk For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (22-04-17), EyeEyePickle (23-04-17), happyjack (22-04-17), The budda (23-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,741 Times

Yes it can cause stretch an so can overwater.
    Depends how your going to grow them tbh.
    If indoor then I'd go small pot to end pot
    But if outdoor I'd go through 3 pots just to
    Let the soil do the feeding for me and also
    Outdoor is a longer veg period.

Autos
    Redemption Grow Take 2

Photo's
    Green lizard lick growing
    Exodus cheese exo-bition

THERE IS A STRICT 10 PLANT MAXIMUM RULE ON THIS SITE!.YOU WILL BE BANNED FOR BREACHING THIS!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ERBURT For This Useful Post:

The budda (23-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 13,492 Times

I pot from root cubes to 5 litre to 10 litre 2 weeks before flower let's her settle in if I'm vegging longer I go from 10 s in 20 or bigger let them fill out there big pots but don't let them get root bound before I flip just nicely fill out the finishing pot

Up the irons

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The budda For This Useful Post:

MrChedHead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The budda View Post
    I pot from root cubes to 5 litre to 10 litre 2 weeks before flower let's her settle in if I'm vegging longer I go from 10 s in 20 or bigger let them fill out there big pots but don't let them get root bound before I flip just nicely fill out the finishing pot
    Been a while since i seen you on the boards! Hope your keeping well 👍🏻

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

The budda (23-04-17)

Thanks

cheers for the answers - looks like I'm going to pot up twice as they are outdoor from 3 weeks time ! I'm going to put them under LED for 2 weeks and then once I'm happy with the weather then out they go ! will post some progress pics up as we go seeing as peeps love a good picture and story ! ! Anyone got any good recommendation for a nice feeding schedule ? Manufacturer etc ....... ? normally they don't get anything and the results are always good but this year i want to max out and get a years supply ! !

Peace out

Beefrisk

Thanks

is the soil enough to do the feeding ? Basic feeding i would expect but things can always do with a helping hand to enhance ! organic or not organic.

Thanks

I tried a small experiment with my grow - I had 2 seedlings of 2 varieties. So I split them up, 1 of each variety went from rapid rooter to a small pot, and 1 of each went from rapid rooter to a 10 gallon fabric pot.

The two that went to fabric pots have had stronger veg growth. I only delayed the other two by a week but the difference was pretty dramatic and is holding steady. One of the ones I held back from the big pot is still very small, the other one is growing well but looks like she will never catch up to the bigger ones.

These were autoflowering blueberry kush and amnesia haze. They looked kind of ridiculous in the giant pots but ... They seemed to like it.