Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My plants are still dying! :(

Thanks

Default My plants are still dying! :(

Hey guys, I'm stuggeling. I'm now on my 6th plant and they all start to turn yellow'ish at 2 weeks and start to wilt and die. The Leaves start to crincle and crust up from the tip of the lowest leaves closest to the soil usually and new growth is yellow. Stunted growt aswell, my 4 week auto has already started to flower at 4 weeks age and it only has 7 leaves. Thats my oldest plant aswell. All the others die at 3 weeks and they only have about 5 leaves by then.
    I have no idea whats going on so ive put all the details i can here to see if anyone has the solution. I've tried everything! Thanks for reading!

Strains
    - northern lights
    - midnight express

Water
    - ph 6.5
    - warm water left for 24 hours before i give the plants it.

Soil
    - Canna Terra Professional (not the plus)
    - soil ph in the plant pot - 7 to 7.5 this is due to watering with cold tap water previously.

Lights
    - Mars Hydro 300w LED
    - 18hours on 6 off
    - In grow tent (small tent with reflective insides)
    - over 30inches from canopy

Tempreture
    - 28C constant and Humidity 50% constant

Nutrients
    - havent used any at all so far but have bio grow bloom and top max

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-04-17), ggotch (24-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,849 Times

need to feed them mate

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-04-17), M_C (23-04-17), TomKing (23-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    need to feed them mate
    What he said

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-04-17), ggotch (24-04-17)

Thanks

Even in rich nitrogen soil?

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Johnz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-04-17), ggotch (24-04-17), Greengrass (24-04-17)

Thanks

stop ph'ing,it isnt needed in canna pro,give them a feed at 1/4 nutes(1/4 of what it says on the bottle)dont want to shock them,then as they turn green again go up to 1/2 and so on.
    4 week auto,give it grow nutes,same as above,should pull back n then in 4-5days time move to flower nutes.

tbh with sick autos i go 24hrs on,they dont have much time to heal up and benefit from all the light they can get

unsure what you mean by warm water,just room temp is ok.

cant really help much more as its more a case of being there/doing it etc,but keep adding pics etc and peeps will likely start chipping in here n there.

cheers n atb.
    Last edited by ggotch; 23-04-17 at 09:47 PM.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-04-17), Greengrass (23-04-17), JB (01-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggotch View Post
    stop ph'ing,it isnt needed in canna pro,give them a feed at 1/4 nutes(1/4 of what it says on the bottle)dont want to shock them,then as they turn green again go up to 1/2 and so on.
    4 week auto,give it grow nutes,same as above,should pull back n then in 4-5days time move to flower nutes.

tbh with sick autos i go 24hrs on,they dont have much time to heal up and benefit from all the light they can get

unsure what you mean by warm water,just room temp is ok.

cant really help much more as its more a case of being there/doing it etc,but keep adding pics etc and peeps will likely start chipping in here n there.

cheers n atb.
    Thanks so much for the advice everyone. I'll go with what you just said. Is 1ml per liter of water make sense to you as thats what it says on the biobizz grow nute. Obviously ill reduce that to 1/4th dose.
    Thanks so much

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Johnz For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 7,454 Times

A small auto seedling popped into Canna Terra pro needs feed at 2 weeks or plants die off ?

Does that seem right to people that have used it?

Every plant has died maybe look at something else ..I have read about cheap tents that give off harmful toxins that kill off plant life
    What size tubs are you using?
    Are you treating your water with anything at all? Only that you mention ph a few times ,Just let normal tap water/not boiled to sit for a day or 2
    But what do I know ..

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Greengrass For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-04-17), ggotch (24-04-17), TomKing (24-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerself View Post
    A small auto seedling popped into Canna Terra pro needs feed at 2 weeks or plants die off ?

Does that seem right to people that have used it?

Every plant has died maybe look at something else ..I have read about cheap tents that give off harmful toxins that kill off plant life
    What size tubs are you using?
    Are you treating your water with anything at all? Only that you mention ph a few times ,Just let normal tap water/not boiled to sit for a day or 2
    But what do I know ..
    no idea,needs pics n lots of other info really,i was working on lines of them being autos and the canna pro soil which is my favorite soil atm,its the canna plus thats hot soil,the normal soil lasts about two weeks tops n then i feed them lightly,same for every auto ive grown.

does seem something out but who knows,no idea wether its happening cos of the ph'ing thats going on as i dont ph.
    six grows all failed at same time though,hmm,two weeks in soil the plant should be well on its way but no pics so no idea how big etc.

ive just revived two dead seedlings from my wilma farce doing what i put above,pics in my "mobile" thread,works for me in same soil.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-04-17), Greengrass (24-04-17)

Hobbit Guest

I rekon he may have PHed them to death, as well as some starvation to be sure they were gone.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-04-17), ggotch (24-04-17), Greengrass (24-04-17)

Thanks

yeh agree,im awake now was fkd last night, and have read again,im still of same opinion,going on the little we know.

still unsure of wether theres been overwatering etc,and wether sticking to the wet/dry cycles and also wether the light at 30" is doing anything.

most of my autos show preflower in third week and should be at the "sturdy" stage,ready to go by then.

the "nitrogen rich" title of canna pro is a bit misleading tbh,i started with it n believed it would supply well into flowering but it doesnt n it led to unexpected yellowing at the time.

i now know different and first two weeks are a minimal daily feed of water ,n a rootbooster every three days -ish n then at 2wks start a very weak starting feed,at worst youll see a tiny bit of nuteburn,which is better than the opposite,autos simply dont have the time to mess about.

one thing ive forgotten is that i propagate into rooters,let roots get decent hold and then place into soil,perhaps these are just seeds in soil?,doesnt change the idea but likely to start a lot weaker in life.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ggotch For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (24-04-17), Greengrass (24-04-17), JB (01-05-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast