Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Looking for some advice please

Thanks

Question Looking for some advice please

Ok folks time to ask my first question (Sorry Mods if this is the wrong place)

I have got myself a bud box pro grow room it is 1.2 x 2.4 x 2mtrs with 2 x 600w lights and I have 2 X 6" (150mm) 720m3/hr RVK Sileo fans one blowing in cold air and one with the filter on it taking out any hot air and smell and 2 floor standing osculating fans

The problem I have is that my temperature is reading 32.8

Please tell me how I can get it down preferably on the cheap as this is costing me a fortune lol….well I am Scottish and it is true we are tight

Cheers leepylee

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leepylee For This Useful Post:

ERBURT (28-04-17), GEORGE (25-04-17)

MrChedHead Guest

Now then leepylee, sorry to hear your struggling with temps, its a right pain in the ass! You have a couple of options but unfortunately will cost you money.... unless you have dimmable ballasts, if so run them at 400 a piece, if not either, A, invest in a bigger extraction fan or, B, invest in a bigger extraction fan lol ... temps are only gonna get worse with summer on route
    ATB with ye grow

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrChedHead For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-17), happyjack (26-04-17), JB (01-05-17)

Thanks

Try some air Cool hoods, cooltubes all i can say they cost but are Most Effective !

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 2jayman1 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,884 Times

You have other problems here mate

You are using identical fans for intake & extraction... unless you are using a fan controller then you are creating positive pressure. 720m3/hr is going into your tent but a damn sight less is being removed as the carbon filter (you do have one, don't you?) is pulling down the efficiency of the extraction by around 20% - or, in simple terms, you are feeding about 20% more air than you are extracting. This won't help your temps at all....

That said, 2x 600w lights & a 6" extraction could be under-powered too? Dunno as I'm not used to such a setup
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Blue (24-04-17), GEORGE (25-04-17), ggotch (25-04-17), JB (01-05-17), mrnice586 (25-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,885 Times

I was planning a little passive cool box project but not doing a summer grow now so shelved it. It involved a big cool box, cutting two vent holes in each side to draw air into the cavity of the cool box and out the other hole direct into your tent. Then you would create an ice water salt bath in the base of the box which rapidly cool the air in the box cavity and then sending the cooled air directly into the tent. It was a for a much smaller tent than this though. Theoretically I think it will work. May make one anyway.
    Sent using a rudimentary device
    https://s32.postimg.org/5nlg414id/bunt_funk.jpg
    Current Grow:Super Critical Bud CBD. Diary here
    Last Grow: Green Love Potion & BlackJack
    Completed Diary: Cali Orange, Coco here.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to FunkyB For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-17)

Thanks

temperature is reading 32.8
    if this is canopy temp, its fine as my temps sometimes goes upto 35c
    hang a fan upside so it blows air between the light and canopy

but if this is room temp, the intake airs too hot ( need to cool it down with AC or pull some cool air in the room ( box over window so it lets cool air in ) ) or have the lights on the coolest time of the night

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenThumbJack For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    You have other problems here mate

You are using identical fans for intake & extraction... unless you are using a fan controller then you are creating positive pressure. 720m3/hr is going into your tent but a damn sight less is being removed as the carbon filter (you do have one, don't you?) is pulling down the efficiency of the extraction by around 20% - or, in simple terms, you are feeding about 20% more air than you are extracting. This won't help your temps at all....

That said, 2x 600w lights & a 6" extraction could be under-powered too? Dunno as I'm not used to such a setup
    Yes its underpowerd i have the 6" l1 and it just cuts it. Couldnt inagine trying to use it on 2 x 600w tho. I do however passive intake and outtake into the stair landing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrnice586 For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-17), M_C (25-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,218 Times

cant say that all depends really where it is and weather temps.
    ive used 4 600w lights to 1 6 inch high powered and temps were perfect even with a passive intake

in this case this is the problem im guessing its in a nice warm bedroom , need to increase that fan bud and dont use same fans for intake and outtake as posted above
    you will find you will need to tweak your setup during winter and summer
    get a bigger extraction and a fan controller bud
    not the cheap ones either they make your fan buzz like shit
    Last edited by ENGLISH_HERBSMAN; 25-04-17 at 09:59 PM.
    if i help drop a THANKS its free

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ENGLISH_HERBSMAN For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (25-04-17)

Thanks

You can build a variac for pretty cheapish. I just used a single variac and a spare socket i had lying around. Will be upgrading it later this year to a 2 variac with a temp controller.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrnice586 For This Useful Post:

ENGLISH_HERBSMAN (26-04-17), GEORGE (25-04-17)

Thanks

I've got same set up as u I think mate got same tent and got outtake 6inch rvk fan with 6 inch rhino filter got one 600 watt light in there it's at 30 degrees and was gonna put another 600 watt light inside just waiting for intake 8 inch rvk fan but I think I'm still gonna have problems

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by puffindaerb; 26-04-17 at 12:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast