Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Brown crispy leaves?

Thanks

Default Brown crispy leaves?

Hey guys, obviously my first post and trying to help a friend of mine who has run into a little issue of brown/ yellowing only on fan leaves towards the bottom of his plant. Happened relatively quickly, up to the second/ third set of fan leaves.

To assist: it is an af northern light, about 2-3 weeks into flower, grown in coco coir mixed with perlite in 5 gallon containers. Air circulation with fans and ac to keep temp between 70-75. No issues prior, few fungus gnats here and there but nothing alarming, under 8 cfls, 20/4 sched. Ph is normally between 5.5 and 6ish, using floragro, micro and bloom as nutes, and cal mag, following the instructions and honestly probably a little light handed if anything, also flushing with plain water every other watering.

He did tell me that he tried to balance his water schedule between two plants, one just didn't drink as much and felt "heavy" so he let the one go a little longer without water then these issues arose not long after.

Any advice appreciated and bonus points to anyone who can answer why the one plants soil just does not seem to dry up. Same exact everything but he is on day 8 with no water and the top inch is dry but under that is still damp, and pot is heavy, but plant shows no signs of illness.

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170424_205546.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	344849

figured pics may help

Thanks

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	344850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	344851Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	3.0 KB 
ID:	344852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	2.7 KB 
ID:	344853

Thanks

annnddd four follow up pics, first is zoomed out of the plant, everything looks healthy, then zoomed in on various fan leaves... thanks again and thanks for your patience while I figured out how to post!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,692 Times

Hello & Welcome to THCtalk.com Discussion forum m8, hope you enjoy yourself and find plenty of useful information on here……..

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TheDogsNutts For This Useful Post:

BING (25-04-17)

Thanks

Thanks boss, I did some local research and this forum seemed to be the most on top of it, hope to get some good advice!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

need better pictures matey they open up to small for me.

you growing in coco yeah, why are you flushing with plain water every other feed?

how often are you feeding? coco should be everyday with at least 20% runoff . forget the whole if it feels heavy with pots coco matey that is a soil trick

Thanks

I will try to re-upload so they come up larger.

Yes growing in coco, flushing was to ensure no salt buildup in the soil and yes always water until at least 20% run-off, usually starts running about 20-30 seconds after watering starts then make sure to not let it sit in the run-off.

Feeding is only happening about once every 8 days, usually takes about 3-4 days for the top soil to dry then with the flush, another 3-4 days, then feeding. Thanks for the advice of the weight tip. Click image for larger version. 

Views:	38 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	344866

Let me know if that pic is big enough, if not I will try again

Thanks

Views:	22 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	344867Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	344868Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	344869Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	344871Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	344872

think that should be big enough but let me know, thanks Joker

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cookie917 For This Useful Post:

joker_the_smoker (25-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie917 View Post
    I will try to re-upload so they come up larger.

Yes growing in coco, flushing was to ensure no salt buildup in the soil and yes always water until at least 20% run-off, usually starts running about 20-30 seconds after watering starts then make sure to not let it sit in the run-off.

Feeding is only happening about once every 8 days, usually takes about 3-4 days for the top soil to dry then with the flush, another 3-4 days, then feeding. Thanks for the advice of the weight tip. Click image for larger version. 

Views:	38 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	344866

Let me know if that pic is big enough, if not I will try again

ok buddy you goin wrong way about this in coco.

if you ensure you get 20% run off you do not need to flush every other feed. getting 20% run off each time you feed will stop the build up of salts. ( we do a mid flower flower flush once then carry on feeding again this is just to freshin up the root zone)

feeding every 8 days is your problem mate. i feed every single day with 20% run off and i dont flush every other feed this is were your going wrong bro.

my pots are quite dry after one day, wouldnt like to see what they like after 2-4days....

whats your temps lights on and off?
    those cfl wont be doing you any favours bro. what watt are they?
    Last edited by joker_the_smoker; 25-04-17 at 02:15 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

Cookie917 (25-04-17), ggotch (26-04-17)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast