Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Diary, Northern Force & Blueberry autos. (8thApril start)

Thanks

Post Diary, Northern Force & Blueberry autos. (8thApril start)

Welcome to my first grow diary

This one starts from the 8th april, which was when my Northern Force auto became a cute little seedling.
    This strain promises to be a high yield with a flowering time of 9-10 weeks.

So my grow space: An old plastic green house with a LED hanging on chains for adjustable height, a small fan for air movement and as of 21st april, reflective sheeting to maximise light.
    The whole space cost me less than £100 tops, that's including my soil etc, the light being the most expensive bit of kit got pretty cheaply off eBay sometime last year.
    Strains -
    Northern Force
    This strain is a faster grower with a high yield (supposedly) Along with an average high, a mostly indica strain.
    It also promises to reach 90-120cm. It's a mix of Northern Lights & Powebud, and ofc rudy because of the auto quality.
    Blueberry
    This one is actually an auto from my local seed bank's genetics, I'm willing to give it a try as it's one of their own and promises to have a well flavoured but very mellow high. Another mostly indica strain.

So the 8th I have a tiny seedling and a lot of excitement.

and by the 9th it had decided to ditch the seed casing

My little man has decided this area is his new home.

So my care since the seedling stage is just watering when the soil is dry, here is the NF on the 16th april:

The 21st
    Northern Force

So by the 21st, I had decided to get on with lining my space with the reflective sheeting as my NF doesn't seem to want to stretch, I also decided it was high time I slapped an auto blueberry in there for good measure. (I'd already germinated this boy, the 21st is just the day I consider it a seedling)

They look pretty handsome together.

The 23rd:
    Northern Force

This is the day on which the NF has decided it wants to be a stinker while growing. Not an unpleasant smell thankfully, but strong enough.

Blueberry

Looking a little scrawny

Finally the 26th:
    Northern Force

Looking a little droopy, but I'd just watered aswell as misted up the place with a little spraying.
    Not bad at all for about 18days since seedling.

Blueberry

I've piled that bit of loose soil around the bottom to keep the soil a touch damper

Let me know what you think, sorry the pictures aren't the best quality. Also I was stuck in hospital for ages, this is the grow I was going to start last year.
    Also I'm not quite sure how to best put pictures up so sorry if they're hard to follow. Also the pictures do not do that NF justice, it is bushy as hell - hardly any space between nodes and those fan leaves are hiding some more leaves too, it's bushier than the USA's presidential history.

If you've got any tips or advice on the grow or the diary itself I'd be real happy to hear it.
    Hope you'll join me for this one.
    Last edited by OrchidLady; 26-04-17 at 02:20 AM. Reason: Spelling.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to OrchidLady For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-17), happyjack (29-04-17), JB (28-04-17), joker_the_smoker (26-04-17), M_C (29-04-17), Oxy (29-04-17), ReeferDankness (01-05-17), TomKing (26-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,847 Times

So are these going to be your budget babies?

I'm so interested by the idea if it, I've been a little spoilt and used a lot more gear than this more recently, but I have often wondered how cheaply i could do it, now I know a little more. I grow loads of plants in the house (you need to make a post about your orchids btw) and even worked out a little grow room with £23 piece of wood cut for free from b&q and cfl's, I just use the 23w spiral cfl's. whole thing cost me about £100 with delivery and everything and i love it.

It's prototype was an old ikea chest of drawers with black out curtain material literally just thrown over it, and a table fan with the material draped over it pointing outwards. I grew and flowered my first over plant in that thing, with 3 or 4 2700k 23w bulbs, and pulled 2oz I think? it was a long time ago haha! It was something like that though.

My only advice would be, maybe try a little LST (low stress training) just to control your growth a little, I think with lower powered lights you are better having a flatter plant then a standard tree shaped, because low power lights have no penetration power.

Do you have a fish tank? A little water from that every so often is going to help add nitrogen plus other micro nutes.

Coconut water is supposed to be pretty handy too, loads of good things for the plants and potassium which would be handy during flower, plus I've just read that the cocout water/milk has a crazy high PPM so you would literally add 3ml per litre.

I want to point out I have never used anything but proper nutrients, so the feed stuff is just speculation on my part.

But good luck! I'm going join you for this one is you don't mind

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-17), JB (28-04-17), OrchidLady (26-04-17)

Thanks

Yeah I decided I'd just throw them in and not stress about how they end up.

The tent cost me about £3 on sale as a tomato green house with a few bits missing, I've just tucked my reflective sheeting around the bars under the plastic to hold it there, a hanging basket chain from the garden holding up my LED, the tent can just about take the weight of that thankfully.

I was actually thinking of some LST, was going to stick in a couple of sticks and loosely tie the plants towards the edges of the pots, just to space out the canopy slightly - because they're autos I wont be doing anything else, just hopefully space out those leaves a little more.

Atm I'm going to assume the soil has enough nutes for their lifetime, mostly because the leaves have been a really lush green, maybe even too green (touch too much nitrogen perhaps) and they've both been germinated in a root riot, then immediately into their final pots.

I got no orchids left D: unfortunately they all died while I was in hospital (I was there for months).

I super love the idea of just having a cheap little space, I'm likely to get greedy and over do it, but this is minimal energy, minimal cost & if it's any good i'll try to keep it this way for as long as possible. though i'm more excited for my sugarleaves than buds atm because i'm dying for some cannabutter.

Yeah you're right though, a little LST I think would go a long way here - especially with how bushy my NF seems to want to be.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to OrchidLady For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-17), happyjack (29-04-17), M_C (29-04-17), TomKing (26-04-17)

Thanks

Id top the NF as well,

Personally I'd tie one piece of string around the base of the plant, this is for support, and to keep the stem ripping away from the roots, because then I literally bend it over (so the support string is stopping the stem moving) so it was laying on its side and tie it down. No snapping or crushing or any other stuff, just gentle persuasion, I don't wanna snap anything. Then all those side branches will grow straight upwards and each one become a bud site with good light.

I try to keep sticks out of the soil, and just tie a loop around the top of the pot and then tie off to that. Ive pulled roots out attached to the bamboo stakes too many times

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-17), OrchidLady (26-04-17)

Thanks

Thanks for the advice, that makes a lot of sense.
    I think I might set those strings up right away I got plenty of space to go around in a small circle if it needs it. Thanks for the advice on supporting the bottom of the stem, if it had snapped I wouldn't have been able to forgive myself. I'm not sure about topping the NF, just because it's such a quick plant into flower I'm worried about stressing it and getting a lower yield instead.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OrchidLady For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-17)

Thanks

Actually, yeah, sorry I've had a smoke, I missed it was the auto, I've never done autos, so not sure on the topping etc.

I see you garden at the same time as me! Haha.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TomKing For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-17), happyjack (29-04-17), OrchidLady (26-04-17)

Thanks

These hours are the real hours :3

I gave the NF it a gentle tilt, ready to circle a little if it needs to.

and just a little prep for the blueberry while there's no leaves in the way.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OrchidLady For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-17), happyjack (29-04-17), joker_the_smoker (26-04-17), M_C (29-04-17), Oxy (29-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 61,761 Times

good luck with the grow lady

autos can be topped and with great success. i top mine at the 3rd true node. but no harm in leaving them to do their thing with bit of LST

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to joker_the_smoker For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-17), OrchidLady (26-04-17), TomKing (26-04-17)

Thanks

I got another 2 NF seeds and another four blueberry, so I'll let them do their thing this time around and top on the next go, see what kindof difference it makes in the yields. That is if I don't kill them somehow. lol

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrchidLady For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-17), happyjack (29-04-17)

Thanks

Default 28th April,beautiful morning.

I turned off the LED to take a couple of better photos. the NF is getting happier for sure.

Northern Force

Blueberry

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OrchidLady For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (28-04-17), happyjack (29-04-17), Mrs_Jones (01-05-17), M_C (29-04-17), Oxy (29-04-17)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast