Thread: Epsom salts

Quick Draw Mcgraw Guest

Default Epsom salts

Hi guys hope ur all well,
    Just a quickie, I'm growing in hydro and have a magnesium problem, only mild! first time using Epsom salts, just wondered how to do so? Dissolve in water and add to tank!? Also how much and does it matter if the e.c goes high to sort this issue or do I need to keep in the range of what my nutrient feed is?
    Thanks everyone,
    All the best
    QDM

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quick Draw Mcgraw For This Useful Post:

rockhopper (27-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,965 Times

Howdy

I mix with calmag, 1 teaspoon per litre in warm water, don't bother ph'ing. Lift your lights up and apply as a foliar soaking, undersides of leaves in particular! Once dry, probably an hour or so, drop your lights back down, repeat in a few days if required.

ATB
    Last edited by rockhopper; 27-04-17 at 08:43 PM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rockhopper For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (27-04-17), ciderboy (27-04-17), Greengrass (28-04-17), happyjack (28-04-17), M_C (27-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

If it's definetly a mag problem then 1 tspn per litre of Es and then soak them & like rocko says, make sure the lights are lifted as high as possible until dry then drop the lights..

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

ciderboy (27-04-17), Greengrass (28-04-17), M_C (27-04-17), rockhopper (27-04-17)

Hobbit Guest

As the boys said foliar spray it, if you add it to your res will throw the EC right out.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (28-04-17), Greengrass (28-04-17), rockhopper (28-04-17)

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

I was three weeks in flower in a packed out tent so added to my res at an Ec of 0.3 but kept my total Ec the same so had less Nutes in there.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,201 Times

i'm using cal/mag for the plants i buy epson salts for myself, half a cup in bath water soak in it for at least 20mins, you will feel invigorated and rejuvenated

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to happyjack For This Useful Post: