Thread: Webs on seedlings but no leaf marks - spider mites???

Thanks

Default Webs on seedlings but no leaf marks - spider mites???

I recently planted some seeds (a little over a week ago) and they've been sprouting super fast, already a few inches high.

Yesterday I noticed some tiny string like webs between the plants and after googling it seems the most likely problem is spider mites? However I can't find anything about spider mites on seedlings and also it seems that people usually see the mites/marks on leaves before they see any webbing. I can see a few speckles on the underneath of some of the leaves but the main thing is these single strand webs between each plant. Basically impossible to capture in a photo... does anyone know whether or not this is mites?

Hobbit Guest

Sounds like an actual spider. Peeps prob wont really comment without pics mate. ATB

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hobbit For This Useful Post:

Dr green fingers (07-05-17), ggotch (28-04-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 9,472 Times

Hard to say with out pics but you could give them a spray with just water and wash them gently. This will remove any eggs and knock the spider mites off if it is spider mites. Let them dry in the natural light then get a loupe and inspect them carefully all over.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kbag For This Useful Post:

Dr green fingers (07-05-17), OrchidLady (28-04-17)

Thanks

If it is a little house spider then he's just after your nugs, you'll probably see him scampering off with some sugar leaves.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrchidLady For This Useful Post:

Dr green fingers (07-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Welcome to the forum.. If it's mites you'll see them underneath the leaves & little bits of poop Etc.. I doubt that it is mites as it's to early for them to start webbing, you'd normally see that in flower..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9. The Following User Says Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Dr green fingers (07-05-17)