Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Nitrogen overfeed in flower advise needed

My House made of Hash. Huff and puff and I might let you in.
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,375 Times

Quote Originally Posted by M_C View Post
    Hmmm... you have a point

I can see you costing me another 50p in the future
    I'll start looking at holidays for 2040 shall I? 😄😄😄

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk
    Cheers Dru!!!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

M_C (02-05-17), SmobyToker#1 (02-05-17), Toke monkey (02-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toke monkey View Post
    Gents. Just flushed. What would you recommend for the final 2 weeks till flush?
    Thanks for your help
    I've never grown in coco mate so hopefully someone with better knowledge can help with feed.

Cutting feed for the remainder may effect yield more than the N excess.

I also have a plant in my current rdwc with similar excess. It's still producing as much bud as my other lighter green plants. More leaves in the bud though and they curl a bit but not much I can do with other 3 plants in same nutes.

I'm 6 weeks too and I'm just feeding as little N as I can but I have a 3 part feed (general hydroponics) where micro nutrients are separate (but do contain traces of N too). I've stopped the grow part of the feed to try and help. I've made the ec up with pk boost.

Hopefully a coco grower can guide you better.

I've read some interesting articles on N excess in flowering. Some say it's bad. Others not too bad as nitrogen is used to make hormones that help with flowering. Still no idea what's what though. Scrambles my brain reading them. Lol.

Good luck buddy.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

SmobyToker#1 (02-05-17), Toke monkey (02-05-17)

Thanks

Just a side note. In veg it's a simple fix. Just plain water until they lighten.

Flower is a trickier situation.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to greengiant For This Useful Post:

M_C (02-05-17), Toke monkey (02-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greengiant View Post
    I've never grown in coco mate so hopefully someone with better knowledge can help with feed.

Cutting feed for the remainder may effect yield more than the N excess.

I also have a plant in my current rdwc with similar excess. It's still producing as much bud as my other lighter green plants. More leaves in the bud though and they curl a bit but not much I can do with other 3 plants in same nutes.

I'm 6 weeks too and I'm just feeding as little N as I can but I have a 3 part feed (general hydroponics) where micro nutrients are separate (but do contain traces of N too). I've stopped the grow part of the feed to try and help. I've made the ec up with pk boost.

Hopefully a coco grower can guide you better.

I've read some interesting articles on N excess in flowering. Some say it's bad. Others not too bad as nitrogen is used to make hormones that help with flowering. Still no idea what's what though. Scrambles my brain reading them. Lol.

Good luck buddy.

I'll let you know. I'm thinking 1/4ml/l canna ab and 2ml/l green planet massive. Dash of cal/mag and pk on top. Taper down till week 10 if it'll go that long and a week flush

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Toke monkey For This Useful Post:

SmobyToker#1 (02-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Toke monkey View Post
    I'll let you know. I'm thinking 1/4ml/l canna ab and 2ml/l green planet massive. Dash of cal/mag and pk on top. Taper down till week 10 if it'll go that long and a week flush
    I would just roll with the GPM and the pk lad, The Nitrogen is a mobile element and the plant will sacrafice nitrogen from all over the place to continue growing. i wouldnt worry too much. Using just those 2 you should see a lightening in the green with in a week. So, you've reset the pot and ph and any stored salts in the coco will be mostly gone, so you should see an improvement very soon mate. Just keep going in with the boost and pk every day for a week then continue with boost 1 week before flush steady with the pk tho mate.
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

M_C (02-05-17), Toke monkey (02-05-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SmobyToker#1 View Post
    I would just roll with the GPM and the pk lad, The Nitrogen is a mobile element and the plant will sacrafice nitrogen from all over the place to continue growing. i wouldnt worry too much. Using just those 2 you should see a lightening in the green with in a week. So, you've reset the pot and ph and any stored salts in the coco will be mostly gone, so you should see an improvement very soon mate. Just keep going in with the boost and pk every day for a week then continue with boost 1 week before flush steady with the pk tho mate.
    Perfect, that sounds good to me

Thanks

Hey mate hows it getting on for you??

Im having a similar issue, in week 5 of flower things have come to a halt and im showing signs of nitrogen toxicity (dark green leaves, clawing) my girls were sitting on a 2.0 ec coming into flower and were doing ok but as flowerings progressed its been fed too much N

Ive flushed the last 24 hrs with phed water, hopefully all salt build up etc has been washed out and my run off ph is within range (5.5)

Ive taken the same approach with dropping the nitrogen down and giving nice healthy doses of p and k..

Ive currently re done my res with house and garden hydro A and B (part a mainly consists of nitrogen where as part b is p and k as well as a little nitrogen) ive thrown in

.75mls per litre of Part A
    1.75ml per litre of Part B
    Ph down to adjust to 5.3
    EC is 1.5

Have i gone too crazy on the nutes? 1 of my girls is loving it no stress but the other is hating the nitrogen the last week or so. Ive only just redone the res so still waiting on changes etc... how did you go with yours

Strain is WW
    Flood and drain in clay pebbles
    600w hps
    1.2x 1.2x2m tent
    6inch extraction with filter
    4inch intake fresh air
    Oxygen stones in res and tent (not every speck of water drains out so i threw a stone in)
    Res has a 24/7 circulating pump as well
    Girls get flushed every 7 days with 120L of clean phed water (i own a 55litre res)
    Fresh nutes batch every 7 days
    Week 5 flower day 1
    Last edited by thebudking; 07-05-17 at 05:00 AM.

Thanks

Flush hard for a few days and feed pk, N is not needed in flower!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,771 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Growbpyz View Post

N is required in flower, just at a much lower rate than when in veg...
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

15. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (07-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Growbpyz View Post

Our plants assimilate around 80% of all their Nitrogen in the vegetative phase, however a maintenance dose is still needed for flowering thats why you see different NPK ratios between veg and bloom nutes, the bloom nutes contain considerably less N....PK's boosters are just used to supplement Phosphorus & Potassium...

Regards BL

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Dazmandaz (07-05-17), Glynne (07-05-17)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast