Thread: Should I buy this grow box?

Thanks

Default Should I buy this grow box?

Hi, I've been reading up on grow boxes and tents. I found this grow box online; (edit: it won't let me link it as it's my first post)

*NO links*

I was wondering if the bulb given is strong enough?
    Or should I get the LED version? For £400ish more..?

This will be my first grow. I know that I could build my own stealthier grow box, but purchasing one which I can ensure wouldn't leak smells is the best choice for me in my position

Thanks
    Jae
    Last edited by M_C; 01-05-17 at 06:41 PM. Reason: Link removal

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jaelwoes For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-17)

Thanks

You should be able to make/buy one with tent ($100), light ($200), and fan and filter ($150).
    £400 for an upgraded light sounds way to much.
    Welcome and Good luck!
    I don't know anything... And I can prove it!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CloneBonerStallone For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-17)

Thanks

Hey man this is borderlining the rules a little as external links aren't a thing.

If you've got money to waste then for sure, though if you're just starting something a bit more budget and low key is ideal, there's no need to dive in with all your money when you can wet your toes with a full set-up for less than £100. With LED my set up cost less than £100. you can't ensure that it won't leak smells, smells can come through zips, through gaps at the end of zips etc. You need airflow aswell so it can't be fully sealed, and you're either putting that airflow into the same room or outside I guess in your situ?

If you're set on buying a purpose made growtent then you can get a fully kitted out LED one for around £200-300 depending on if you want filtering and that's just from my local hydroponic store, so I would suggest you check out your nearest grow store, where they will also most likely have appropriate mediums and nutes. It might also be worth you looking into weak smelling strains like northern lights which doesn't put off an awful lot of smell during growing.

I'm actually wondering if you're just an advertisement because your only post is this, with what's basically an external link and haven't introduced yourself or anything, if you're legit just interested in your first grow this forum is a really great place to be, it's a great community with loads of helpful people, and it's been a great source of information for me.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OrchidLady For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-17), jaelwoes (01-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahaha !

Breath M_C, breath!

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I just looked at the price!
    It's Not What You Know, It's What You Can Prove

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-17)

Thanks

I can assure you I'm not an advertisement haha. And I had no idea about external links, my apologies.
    I have looked into buying a grow tent. I had the idea of putting one inside a 3ft tall makeshift bedside type cabinet. I don't see that working/being a lot harder than it needs to be. If I was to purchase a grow tent, I'm limited on the places where I can store it. It would have to be hidden :/
    I also thought I could put a tent inside my wardrobe i just think ventilation would become an issue if I did so.

Also, sorry for not introducing myself.
    Hi my names jae lowes, I love weed, smoked 8 years, looking at growing so I can self sustain

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jaelwoes For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-17)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 196,876 Times

For that price you could buy a small tent, lights, filters, fans... and still have change!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M_C For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-17), jaelwoes (01-05-17)

Thanks

You think I could build the tent, lights etc; into say a 3ft chest of draws? 2x2 depth n width

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jaelwoes For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-17)

Thanks

absolutely, just have a look at some of the stealth grows on this forum, people have come up with brilliant ways of making everything work.

If someone can build a grow area in an oil drum you can definitely make one work in that space, there's no need for it to cost the world x

16. The Following User Says Thank You to OrchidLady For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (04-05-17)