Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: how many plants for personal use, concerning the law.

Thanks

Default how many plants for personal use, concerning the law.

hello, i am new here and I'd like to find out about growing in terms of UK law (couldn't see a thread, sorry).

i have a physical condition that is greatly helped by the use of marijuana and would like to know a few things about growing for strictly personal use.

• how many plants can i cultivate at once for "personal use" without being suspected of dealing/growing for profit?
    • what punishments would i face if caught with an amount that consitutes "personal use"?

i only consume about 2g of marijuana a week but i'd like to know about the possible repercussions that i'd face if i were caught growing for personal use. i'd want a yield that could support that intake throughout the rotation of the plants, if possible.

thank you.
    Last edited by Jack Straw; 25-10-09 at 08:21 PM.

Thanks

welcome, check the 'legal stuff' section at bottom of main page, you should find some stuff to help you out. good luck

Thanks

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...408#post217408

Have a look at this thread mate. Along the same lines as your question.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by REDJELLYNINJA View Post
    https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...408#post217408

Have a look at this thread mate. Along the same lines as your question.

Welcome to the forum.
    thank you for this. i looked but it seems like there's no definative answer there.

Thanks

also, i should say that i am under 20 and have not ever been in trouble with the police before.

Thanks

To be honest i dont think there is a definitave answer to the question. If you get caught then its gonna be dependent on the judge that gets the case. Some might be more sympathetic towards cannabis users where another may be pricks and use the full force of the law to punish you.

There is a post somewhere where someone suggests letting your doctor know you are a cannabis user and that you find it a better pain reliever (or whatever you use it for) than prescribed medicine as this may work in your favour if you do get caught.

As long as you stick to the rule of not telling anyone you are growing then in theory you shouldn't get caught.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to REDJELLYNINJA For This Useful Post:

C21H30O2 (28-10-12)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,660 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    thank you for this. i looked but it seems like there's no definative answer there.
    there is no definative answer ,it all depends on the area you live in ,judge/magistrate you come before,local police policy [at any given time] and loads of other variables including your attitude and how you look.
    2g a week ,you could grow a couple of small plants every 13 weeks and be self sufficient,i can't see anyone viewing that as anything other than personal........but who knows.
    if you're retired or you ain't got a job and you ain't growing and smoking weed ,i don't know what the fuck you are doing!

samhain Guest

Exclamation

My advice is dont have scales or bag's in the house , never ever admit to supply even if you'r giving it to your gran for free as that's a different charge alltogether !

It's not wholly down to plant # it's the age , size as well . the street value that they go on . it might cost you 20 an ounce to grow but that's a street value of 280ish .
    Was reading recently there is no medical excuse in uk or english law , as medication is or should be supplied by your Dr , i'll dig it up for ya's

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ad.php?t=15838
    Feel free to comment on that link
    Last edited by samhain; 25-10-09 at 09:52 PM. Reason: link

Thanks

I'm looking at doing one indoor grow per year eventually.
    The idea being, I'd rather do one big grow than lots of small ones.
    That to me makes more sense.
    The more times you do something, the more the risk of detection increases as far as I see it.

I estimate that 15 - 20 fems at approx 1oz per fem (airing on the side of caution) would last me around a year.

What I am botherd about is that I have kids.
    What is the situation with the law when you have kids?

I use for medical reasons.
    I have a medical history behind me and evidence that most medicines offered me have failed to work or have caused unexpected side effects.
    I have a doctor that is, how shall we say, in agreement off the record with the use of MJ but I'm sure he would back me up in why I use it and my medical history.

But the last thing I want is those ar*ehole Social "Waffen SS" Services on my back using the Mary Jane as an excuse.

Anyone been in this situation, ie having children and been busted for growing?

Although I know I'm doing nothing wrong in my own mind, I know these b*stards will do anything to get a hold over you anyway they can and the last thing I want to do is jeopordise my kids.

My grow room will not be in the house and will be behind lock and key inacessible to anyone.
    I don't smoke around the kids, if I need a smoke, I go up the garden and sit with my plant or what ever or go to the bedroom and smoke out the window.
    My kids are never exposed to it in any way shape or form.
    The only way they will be remotely near it is when it's drying out in the attic and even then, they can't get to it.

I think this is what's mentally holding me back from building my room.
    Well that and finances at the moment but things are looking up on that front so could be starting before xmas if I can get rid of any niggling doubts.

It really is fu*king stupid how you can legally buy an addictive substance that will kill you soon as look at you over the counter like Alcohol which does no f*cker any good, but I can't grow a herb to stop me feeling like crap day in day out.

Any advice would be good.

PS, I'm with samhain.. I don't keep any kind of scales or individual baggies or anything that could be misenterpreted as dealing paraphernalia in my house.

-----------------------------GROW DIARIES----------------------------
    |

blurry-vision Guest

Well if you have kids it would surely work in your favour to some degree as your needed to provide for them, that coupled with the fact you have a medical record indicative of regular meds not working would all work heavily(and quite rightly) in your favour.

Although I firmly believe you should not exceed 10 plants, I won't go over 5 personally, for me most cases I have read about in the press where people have got into serious trouble have all been for over 10 plants.

Other things that work in your favour are working and having people who can speak up for you as a good character and obviously no previous criminal record or incidents.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast