Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how many plants for personal use, concerning the law.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blurry-vision View Post
    Well if you have kids it would surely work in your favour to some degree as your needed to provide for them, that coupled with the fact you have a medical record indicative of regular meds not working would all work heavily(and quite rightly) in your favour.

Although I firmly believe you should not exceed 10 plants, I won't go over 5 personally, for me most cases I have read about in the press where people have got into serious trouble have all been for over 10 plants.

Other things that work in your favour are working and having people who can speak up for you as a good character and obviously no previous criminal record or incidents.
    Cheers blurry.

No, thankfully I've got no past criminal record, well except for the odd caution as a yooth, but we're talking like when I was 12 or 13 or something but nothing major.

I just keep myself to myself really.
    I've got a close circle of family and friends I trust and stick with and I don't really go out much at all.
    I'm certainly not a friday and saturday town person.
    Would much prefer to stay at home with a cuppa lol

I've got plenty of people that will give me a good character reference if it came to it and like you say, my lack of previous convictions should help my standing.

I hear what you're saying about going above 10 so I may split it down to 2 grows per year.
    That's still better than 4 or 5 per year in my book.

Cheers for the advice blurry. I'll take what you posted onboard for sure!

I just want to make sure I've got as many bases coverd as possible.

Chance favours the prepared mind and all that

Thanks again!!!!!

-----------------------------GROW DIARIES----------------------------
    |

blurry-vision Guest

No problem dude !

Thanks

You should be alright with 10, check out my story "talk about bad luck" I have been charged with cultivation 32 plants, the police and my solicitor say I am not going to jail but it is a lottery depending on the magistrate who hears the case

I wasnt dealing I just had a bit of an obsession with weed dunno if smoking is addictive but growing certainly is! The police said there was no evidence of dealing I had no scales no bags no tick list anything like that but they didnt search the flat very well. I went back and there was a few bits lying about here and there. Tshey did say that if i had been caught with weed harvested of previous grows the charge would be production and not cultivation - a more serious offence. Not heard that before i dont think they fully understand the laws themselves as I corrected him and said it would be harvesting not production. They also though that production was a lesser offence to cultivation which it is not in the UK.

They also did nit confiscate the growing equipment and left about 5 lights and ballasts and loads of nutrients
    Last edited by skuff; 29-10-09 at 06:14 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    hello, i am new here and I'd like to find out about growing in terms of UK law (couldn't see a thread, sorry).

i have a physical condition that is greatly helped by the use of marijuana and would like to know a few things about growing for strictly personal use.

• how many plants can i cultivate at once for "personal use" without being suspected of dealing/growing for profit?
    • what punishments would i face if caught with an amount that consitutes "personal use"?

i only consume about 2g of marijuana a week but i'd like to know about the possible repercussions that i'd face if i were caught growing for personal use. i'd want a yield that could support that intake throughout the rotation of the plants, if possible.

thank you.
    On 24 January 2012: The Sentencing Council issued 'Update 6' of their sentencing guidelines. In the update it states that for the cultivation of cannabis, when the offender has a 'Lesser role' (including things like growing solely for personal use, being forced to do it etc.) and the offence is category 4 (the production of 9 plants or less, assuming 40g or less per plant) the starting point for sentencing is a 'band c fine' (150% of your weekly income, after tax), decreasing to 'discharge' or increasing to 'low level community order' (community service, curfew, attendance centre or similar for a small amount of time) depending on other mitigating or aggravating factors such as theft of electricity, the presence of children or whether the offender has grown the plants for use in the treatment of a valid medical condition.[148]

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,743 Times

I usually do two grows a year of no more then 4 plants and have been self sufficient for 5 years now.

Get a tent around 80*80, 250W HPS, 5" extractor & carbon filter, 4 * 10 litre pots, clip on fan, timer, contator and you'll be good for around 200g of weed each crop.

I chose 4 plant limit as it's half the new guidelines and if you get caught aely on its pretty obvious it's not commercial. The important thing is to get your story straight and reherse it until you have it perfect then if the worst happens you won't drop yourself in the shit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Straw View Post
    hello, i am new here and I'd like to find out about growing in terms of UK law (couldn't see a thread, sorry).

i have a physical condition that is greatly helped by the use of marijuana and would like to know a few things about growing for strictly personal use.

• how many plants can i cultivate at once for "personal use" without being suspected of dealing/growing for profit?
    • what punishments would i face if caught with an amount that consitutes "personal use"?

i only consume about 2g of marijuana a week but i'd like to know about the possible repercussions that i'd face if i were caught growing for personal use. i'd want a yield that could support that intake throughout the rotation of the plants, if possible.

thank you.
    Am not sure if this has been covered but from what I've been reading here and on other forums, most people seem to be talking about past convictions and how the court will view it. Chances are it won't even get to court. It's more to do with how much your caught with when you're caught and the street value. They're no interested in somebody who's growin for personal use, it's smack and coke they're after. Although if they can make money out of you, they will and they can only do that if you have more than 1.5lb (25oz). If they did take it to court with any less then you wouldn't be prosecuted! As long as you do 4 plants to start with and don't go above 5 at any one time. You'll get a good crop out of that. Keep them small, you don't want to have a crop larger than 1.5 lb (25 oz). Ma cousin's fella is polis and it's no worth their while otherwise mate.

Have your grow room in a wardrobe or cubihole (somewhere out the road), keep it well ventilated and don't go about telling everyone and DON'T write anything down lol then unless u have the polis randomly turn up at your door (although this does happen lol) then you have nothing to worry about. (just keep the music down and generally keep out of trouble lol)

I believe you are having a typically human response to circumstances which are frightening and inexplicable; commonly known as paranoia.

As this post is 3 years old it would be good to know what happend to jackstraw? lol how is he doing now or what wing he is in? lol let us know jack! ha

happy growing!
    Last edited by rizlaquadrant; 17-03-13 at 03:06 AM.

Thanks

Shame not like that in nz thay will take u to court for one gram

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by stonedkiwi View Post
    Shame not like that in nz thay will take u to court for one gram
    1g?!!! that's a bugger mate! They're way more lenient with it over here..

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,924 Times

A couple of plants I'd say you'd get a caution as long as you didn't by pass the elec metre lol you just wouldn't be worth the paperwork .
    If you keep it too yourself then you won't get any knocks at the door .
    Loose lips sinks ships and sinks them fast .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2