Thread: Pick a strain or suggest one for first grow

Thanks

Default Pick a strain or suggest one for first grow

I'm a first time grower to be. I'm in the final stages of renovating a 10'x11' room with an 8.5' ceiling. Got new drywall up and am finishing tape, texture, plumbing, and electrical. I've already started to get everything for a RDWC set-up, with the Current Culture Undercurrent system, a 630 watt SunSystem LEC and 2 Apollo Purple Reign adjustable ballasts/lights (400,600,1000 watt) as the center pieces to the grow. I'll have a separate 5'x5'x6.5' veg/mum tent so as to maintain a perpetual grow. All this is the benefit of having a great paying job and owning a home.

So, I'm thinking I would like to run a strain that is known for high THC, as a top priority. I have already purchased the following seeds, but would entertain well articulated suggestions for something else that you may think would be better to run as a "first" grow strain. Please know that I'm thinking I want to run the same strain for several grows (i.e. clone to grow the best phenos) so as to learn how to grow by journaling the changes/tweaks of each grow. The same cloned strain phenos can be my baseline and control, as I will use Current Culture Undercurrent solos to keep the mother plants. I'll send my work in to Steep Hill for testing to check and verify results.

Let me know what ya'all think of these strains and what you think may be the best for first grow(s). If you can, please tell me why you think so.

Rare Dankness Starkiller
    Bodhi Seeds Goji OG
    Dankonomics Goji Dawg
    Exotic Genetics Kimbo Kush
    Delicious Seeds Sugar Black Rose
    Mandala Seeds Satori
    Josh D OG Kush
    Crop King Afghani
    Crop King Blueberry
    Crop King Extreem Haze

The Aspie Toker Guest

Sorry, I've not grown any of those strains.

camkush Guest

I also have not grown any of them.. but most of our sponsor seed vendors have certain sections for beginner strains

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 2,306 Times

Never grown any of those in the list but what I will say is, do some research on the flavours and effects of the strain (high). Most people opt for strains that grow the quickest or produce the most yeild. If you find an all round strain that you like, stick with it or experiment with others down the line. But as stated, don't opt for quantity etc over quality.